EastEnders: Discussion Thread

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I think they're worse than the DiMarcos actually. I never got the sense that any producer at the show actually enjoyed the DiMarcos. With the Carter's, they're clearly the pet project of the EP and he's desperate to force them into almost every damn story on the show.

And storylines that should take up the majority of episodes (like Kat's recent suicide attempt) are sidelines and relegated to just a few minutes so that the Carter's and their latest tragedy of the minute can dominate the episodes.

• Members

They are worse, yes, as the DiMarcos were never really the main family. They were also far better integrated.

Anyway...

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2064384

Can’t say I will miss him that much (although I will miss that beautiful ass), but it’s too bad, as he’s the only man I ever liked Roxy with.

At least this probably means no “who the daddy” story. I should be grateful for small favors.

Now I hope Ronnie eviscerates Roxy and Charlie with laser beams from her eyes.

Edited by DRW50

• Members

Can anything better show the huge disparity in quality and focus on Eastenders than cutting from a scene with Carol grieving for and being angry at her father to a scene with Max and the truly godawful Denise Van Outen (who talks like Eliza Doolittle with a bagful of marbles [or something cruder] in her mouth)?

She is the epitome of pointless stunt casting. She has delivered some of the worst acting I've seen on this show since the Moon brothers and Danny Mitchell.

I don't know who wrote the scene where Carol raged to Max about how she knew what a wonderful man Jim was to so many others, but to her he was a racist, a man who called her a slapper, a man she had to wait on hand and foot - by far the best writing on this show all year. And Lindsey played the hell out of it, as always. Beyond that, the scene where Dot told that annoying fake martyr bitch Sonia, "We had the best of him," was also a strong scene.

You could tell they just wrote their hearts out for Mick and Shirley with Stan dying, and yet again, Danny Dyer failed to deliver. Knowing he will win a BSA and Adam Woodyatt won't is sad.

• Members

The idea of this was interesting but the execution is shockingly bad, especially Steve McFadden's acting. I also don't quite get the idea of random primal screaming from Sam Womack. And the "HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!" yikes

Edited by DRW50

• Members

As for the Carters and another producer, I imagine Shirley would have a marked decrease in airtime (as she has for every showrunner outside of DTC/Santer). Dean would go if he's still around. Lee would go. I could see Nancy possibly going or staying a long time. I think Mick and Linda would stay until the actors want to leave (I do wonder how much longer Dyer will stay around), but I could see them being taken out of the pub, which needs to happen ASAP.

• Members

The scenes on last night's episode with Cora and Dot were quite wonderful. Brava to them ladies.

Thanks for posting the interview, Carl. He seems like a wonderfully articulate guy. I would have loved his response to a question about his fabulous ass, though...

Edited by TimWil