June 23-27, 2008

Toups

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well, even Japanese anime tends to take on a soap-like format in terms of continuity and character development. In fact, the 2002 He-Man remake also went along the same line and it was a pity they didn't continue with it, but that's due to the lack of substantial promotion.

• Members

Call me crazy (and I am sure someone will), but does anybody feel as if ATWT is getting a bit of its mojo back? I really enjoyed this last week. I think the replacement characters (Lily, Mike, etc) are finally starting to feel less strange. Although the Luke and Noah story has some REALLY bad writing around it - the reasons that they are not together leave me confused - it is something new every day and it always seems trivial?!?

• Members

Maybe you could help me out there - What was it that happened between Carly and Jack to finally make Carly change her mind??? She had been obsessed with getting the relationship back for months, and then I tuned in and she was over it - and actually kind of mad with him.

• Members

The huge josei (bascially means written and aimed at college aged women) hit, Nana, in late night anime and manga form proves how well Japan has taken to some of the soap opera conventions--down to "who's the daddy" pregnancy scares. (episode one is here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NM-XYU-P5Gk ) Sorry--anime, particularly girls/womens anime and manga which is so obscure in N America but almost 50% of the market in Japan, is another obssession of mine :P

SYlph I also love Avatar B) ANd am worried about M Night Shamalamamabalamas live action version

Archived