Y&R: Favorite Storyline Ever?

• Members

Just wondering which storyline each of you would rank as their top favorite :)

I was all ready to name one, but then I realized such a thing was not possible :lol: Even though I have not seen all of the show, and haven't seen the storylines I'm about to mention unfold on screen, only on YouTube and dvds, I'd say my all-time favorite would be the whole Nathan/Olivia/KeeshaTramp thing. Honorably, I'd mention Brad in a Cage, everything with Lauren/Traci/Sheila and the Jill/Jack/John/Divorce saga. Not to forget the David Kimball Saga, Shawn Garrett stuff and I'm sure you get my drift ;) lol

So can you choose one? I'm sensing mine changes every now and then :lol:

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

One is reallllly hard.

In that case: Jill getting half the Chancellor estate.

Other notables are the Aids storyline of Olivia/Nathan/Keesha/Malcolm, Jack plotting secret revenge on Victor with Brad leading to a whole new chapter of Jabot vs. NE (1998-1999), Lauren buried alive by Shawn Garrett, Who shot Jill (then Brenda Dickson)?, Who shot Victor?, Veronica Landers shooting Nikki (actually, this could MY favorite story ever, if that b*tch had died LOL) and the afternath and there are many more.

• Members

I can't pick just one...

However, the David Kimball Saga was what really made me a Y&R fan, to this day I think it's one of the best stories Bill Bell ever created and one of the best stories to ever air on daytime over the past 20 years. That story was shocking, scary, and just amazing to follow.

• Members

I have to disagree about the Josh/Nikki/Sarah sl.

Josh was incredibly boring and bland-what could have been a new dynamic to the Victor/Nikki relationship was a non-event.

The storyline should have been full of twists and turns.

Instead we had Veronica in the phoniest wig and-wow!-glasses,skulking around the Newman ranch.She replaced Ellie,the never seen,never mentioned maid.

Then there was the dreadful romance with Miguel.

Didn't the climax take place on a stormy night?There was the phony'lightning'that flashed the same time as the thunder,defying logic.

As for Brad in the cage-no,no,no!

Best Y&R stories

Jill/Jack/Lindsay/Kay/John

Jill/Kay/Philip

Paul/Cassandra

• Members

1979, summer and fall. Suzanne Lynch covets Kay's husband Derek (Suzanne's ex). She poisons chocolates given to Kay to drive her mad, sending Kay to an institution. Suzanne keeps bringing her chocolates :-). There, another resident takes Kay's jewelry, then starts a fire. Kay escapes, but due to the jewelry-wearing charred cadaver is presumed dead. Kay hides out at Liz Foster's house, unadorned, recovering from the toxicity. When she is finally ready, Kay makes a triumphant return. First, she does payback, driving Suzanne mad by haunting her as the ghost of Kay--playing some of the same tricks Suzanne played (it involves tarantulas). Then, as Jill swoops in and marries Derek (because it was Jill who had the first romance with him...and Kay who tricked Derek into marriage to spite her), Kay gets dressed up in her FINEST and barges into the bridal suite AT THE MOMENT OF CONSUMMATION!!!! Jill (Brenda Dickson in full bloom) shrieks in sheer horror, realizing not only that her nemesis lives, but that her tie to the Chancellor fortune-by-marriage is again lost.

Best. Story. Ever.

• Members

Hard call, lots of good stories...

But my fave would be:

Jill Crashes Kay's Party and Gets 50% of the Chancellor Estate. That was terrific!

Followed closely by: The Mamie/Jill War during the mid 1990s as John and Jill's marriage falls apart (again)

Archived