OLTL: Tina Lord - A History

• Members

Wow: I found this awesome recap of all the actresses who played Tina, and it makes for great reading:

http://www.geocities.com/oltl_almanac/reca...inarecasts.html

I didn't realize how unpopular Krista Tesrea was in comparison to Karen Witter. I do remember the character being severely downplayed in importance towards the end, as this writer says. I never minded her, but didn't take to her like I did Evans and Witter.

Does anyone remember if it was Tesreau's Tina who became really, really stupid? Not that the character was ever SMART, but they made her increasingly dumber over time, sort of like what happened with Joey on "Friends" and Mark on "Roseanne." I remember Witter's Tina being ditzy, but I think it was Tesrea who took the character into utter stupidity. Tina: "I've come to give you a piece of my mind." Blair: "Do you think you can spare any?"

And LMAO at the total misfire that was Marsha Clark's Tina :lol:

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I wouldnt say that Krista's Tina was stupid, but they made her very ditsy, in comparison to Witter and Evans. Not Roxy ditsy, not ditsy, none the less. Tina became more of a comedic character under KT. Unfortunately, she didnt get much oppurtunity to shine as she was backburnered and didnt get to do much. Her main story was her relationship with David and after that quickly ended, she was a background character, playing foil to Todd and Blair. I didnt mind her. Its just the writing that wasnt there for her towards the end

• Members

Actually, I didn't mind Krista Tesreu's Tina so much. I thought she was far more attractive than Witter, though she played Tina as a much nicer person than had been previously portrayed. That, of course, has more to do with writers and storyline.

While I can't say I'm as excited as some about OLTL right now, I DID catch the return of Andrea Evans and, despite whatever else is going on, it is good to see her again as Tina. Good to see Susan Haskell, too, as Marty.

:o I said some positive things! Yikes!

Brian

• Members

I've always been interested in Kelli Maroney as Tina. She seems the closest physical type to Andrea Evans and played a similar role on Ryan's Hope. Only difference is Kimberly on RH was very evil and didn't have the lightness than Tina had. This caused viewers to kinda hate her via SOAPnet repeats, but she was popular at the time. Apparently, Claire Labine was simply finished with her (and Michael Corbett's) story and wrote them off regardless of popularity. Then Labine was fired and they doubled Maroney's salary to get her to return. Then she left to join OLTL. I've read she had problems with Paul Raunch which is the only reason she was let go.

Archived