Loving/The City Discussion Thread

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Thanks as well--I guess I'll have to go through my tapes now again (though I was going to anyway to digitize them). I always had the feeling--and this is probably just conjecture on my part--that Nixon liked Addie Walsh so I wonder if she picked the change and if she stayed on as official consultant or only got that on screen credit after B/E joined. (I know in various opublications throught Loving's run they mention that AGnes Nixon is some weird title like Exectuive Head Writer for AMC and consultant for Loving--this seemed to last at AMC till the late 90s, maybe even till her run in 99-2000, and she did get on screen credit for consulting The City). Also wonder if Addie was just an interim writer (she was on AGnes Nixon's '93/'94 team) or why they hired B/E so soon after. Of course even though I loved a lot of Nixon's crazy run, and with Walsh was one of the better--by far--of the other Loving writers, they didn't do much with ratings).

• Members

Thanks so much! Not a great review, lol but great to read. I've read many shocked about Matt's sudden leaving, I think it was due to the creative team change. I have a few episodes with him (from Nov 1991 I believe--when Ceara and Jeremy were visiting) one where he does drugs to escape his memories, another in court where on the stand he points out his father as the rapist.

• Members

I did and agree with Carl- she must have been a sub.

I can't, however, figure out any rhyme or reason to the order the actors are listed in the credits, unless it was in order of appearance of the cast for the day and then the rest of the contract players directly underneath them.

I always followed soap credits so I knew the system each different show would use, but I guess I wasn't paying too close attention to Loving's at this time because I'm baffled.

Thanks for posting. It's sad reading of all of Perry Stephens' hopes and dreams for his life knowing that he died so young.

My aunt, who works for local ABC Affiliate Channel 7 in Buffalo, has a picture of herself and Stephens in the mid-to-late eighties when he was a guest on AM Buffalo. I can attest to his being well over 6 foot and his blue eyes were just as gorgeous in the picture as they were on TV. And Loving became my Grandmother's soap after Search went off the air, so I ended up following it through watching it with her at her house (I was an NBC boy, so Search was natural for me to follow- Loving was my first non-NBC soap) and quickly was watching it on my own at home (I tried Generations when it started, but couldn't get into it, although it didn't help that I really was hooked on Loving at the time).

Anyhow, I always liked Stephens' Jack (I wasn't fond of his replacement) and thought he had a certain warmth about him. He was taken too soon.