B&B: Week of June 02, 2008

• Members

Every scene featuring Stephanie now seems like Goodbye. I've only seen Monday's episode so far this week, but that whole Felixia-Stephanie scene -- especially when Stephanie kissed her -- seems to be leading up to SF's departure. Which I don't want to happen!

B&B has not been holding my attention. Donna's day-mare was unexpected :lol: but it just seems like everyone is repeating the same thing the past two weeks. Why is it a big deal because an underage Donna gave up her baby for adoption? Is it because Marcus is black? Is B&B even going to go there? If they did, that would make for interesting viewing, confronting the topic of latent, silent racism. But somehow I think that B&B is just going to tip-toe around it, even though Brad Bell must have known what he was toying with when he had Eric and Donna initially mistake Marcus for "the help."

The Katie-Nick thing could be interesting -- except that we already know that Heather Tom has signed on for two years. Perhaps she will find out she's OK but fake being ill in order to get closer to Nick? Maybe Bridget will find out that she's OK but keep it from Katie in order to send her away from Nick "for treatment." Eh. I don't know where they are going with this.

I guess Steffy's arrival heralds the start of B&B's contribution to the Teen Summer cycle?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

dang, I was SOOO looking forward to someone else going off on Taylor about it. I was reading a few other places and good reviews for Steffy so far, which is exciting. I also think that with the good performances MacKenzie has had recently, the "teen" stories will be good.

Recycle or not, I LOVE Kate and Nick together, and didn't think I would. No offense to Ashley Jones, but Heather Tom has more chemistry with Jack since the start and it shows.

• Members

So B&B was really rocking during early May. So now that I can watch the show I tune in. Only to be disappointed by the show. It sucks and is boring. The only thing interesting is Katie's story. I was expecting a whole lot more than this.

• Administrator

Yeah, B&B's really bad right now, especially this Nick/Katie story. I wanted something better for them! This story is already old and tiring. Bridget's pushing Nick to be with Katie during her "last weeks" and Nick says, "Okay....fiiiiiine...I'll do.....for Katie." Suuuuure. Let me guess, they're gonna "fall in love" and she's not going to die? Come on, now.

I thought was Steffie was pretty good for her first day.

• Members

True confession time....I'm just not a Heather Tom fan. Haven't been since her first day on Y&R, with her snotty back talkin' to Ash. Then she took on Nina, and Vicki was dead to me. :lol:

• Members

I thought Steffy and Phoebe were supposed to be indentical twins. Is BB just going to ignore this? Is MM still playing Phoebe or was she let go?

So far liking Steffy. She's not as cute as she looked in her photo but hopefully she can act. Must they rehash the same story angle with every young Forrestor woman coming in as a new model/designer?

• Members

Never does it? B&B in the past did it THE BEST...anyone who saw the long-awaited and shocking Fiday cliffhanger confrontation between Sheila and a visiting from Genoa City Lauren back in the 80's (during the period when the show truly became a bonafide hit on its own legs) that the following week was revealed to be a horrible nightmare of the wacko nurse will testify that BOLD definitely knows how to deliver a knockout fake out! B)

• Members

They also did it e.g. 1999 during Throoke: Thorne finally told Stephanie about his liaison with Brooke who after a heated argument collapsed. This dream sequence lasted at least 1 1/2 episodes... :D

Those imaginary sequences there a staple of Bill Bell: People dreaming -sometimes clearly but often revealed later - happened a lot on B&B or Y&R till the late 90s...

@ CRC - re Susan Flannery - didn't you see her interview with that AUstralian Network TEN on YouTube? She bluntly talks about her desire to retire and the will to do so in max. 2 years... Sounded rather serious this time around.

Archived