B&B: Spoilers for the Week of June 2nd!

• Members

Katie is devastated to overhear that she is rejecting the heart transplant and has only a few weeks to live.

Nick learns from Bridget that Katie is in love with him.

Katie and Nick sail away on the Shady Marlin to Catalina Island, where she drops her brave facade and accepts his comfort.

Steffy arrives home from London when Ridge asks for her support with Forrester Creations.

Donna convinces Marcus to stay in L.A. and gets him a job at Forrester, warning him to be careful of Eric's kids and the suspicious Pam.

Marcus is drawn to Steffy, only to find out she's a Forrester.

Casting Update

Soap Opera Digest reports that Robin Riker has been tapped to take over the role of Beth Logan.

I got this from Jeff.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Not quite.

Dying Katie will undoubtedly marry Nick...a final act of love before she dies.

But..."only love can save" a broken heart.

Love will heal her heart. (Before Ridge had his heart attack, his mother had engineered a 'permanent' breakup with Brooke, and Ridge croaked 'You broke my heart" before keeling over...that proves to me that love can have a direct physical effect on the heart in the B&B Universe).

Little problem. Now Katie will be MARRIED to Nick, will have confessed her love, AND she will survive...with her love-healed heart.

Poor Bridget. She's got to go psycho one day.....

With Phoebe AND Stephy on the canvas, the show really doesn't need Bridget as its' young ingenue anymore.

• Members

I am one of the few who likes Ashley Jones/Bridget as the 20-something ingénue. I'd rather have her there than MM who has not impressed me as Hannah Montana Phoebe.

Interesting spoilers. STILL no Thorne and Felicia. I'm most surprised about the Beth Logan recast. I honestly thought they'd go with a soap name. I'm not familiar with the actress but I'm wondering why they just didn't trot OriginalBeth out of retirement if they weren't going to stunt-cast (hint: Judith McConnell, Brad!).

• Members

The Katie/Nick thing also reminds me of CJ and Becky. Glad to see Pam mentioned. BTW, the other day they had a receptionist shot and it wasn't Pam. And looks like a teen/20 something story for the summer with the Marcus/Steffy thing.

• Members

Except not quite. Felicia didn't need to marry someone before she died, did she? I actually can't remember that.

I remember Felicia being more about her child and her parents...whereas Katie would be about herself.

• Members

Do we know for sure they're getting married?

It might just be Nick forcing Katie to come to terms and accept what happened with Storm, since she's been so ashamed.

Then again, it's been a few episodes since I've watched, so I might be behind.

• Members

Just my speculating...a permanent decision for what becomes an impermanent terminal diagnosis.

Although I could live with the death of Katie...assuming that somehow her portrayer washes up again in Genoa City....

• Members

I basically agree with you, but do what?

I want to wait six months, and have the following:

- David Chow's dastardly stuff comes to the fore, and before it is all over (Nikki in jeopardy, saved by Paul/JT/Victor in a mad chase), he is crushed to death in a trash compactor.

- Sabrina is revealed to be a thief, who planned the Newman caper for years. All that modern art she bought for Victor? Forgeries. She pocketed the cash differential and/or the originals. Plus, if Victor would check into his classic collection of the Dutch masters...well, that's all gone too. Sabrina takes off, and it sets off "I'll track her to the end of the globe" storyline. I want to see Victor humiliated like that (if Eric Braeden will allow it).

Now, with Victor and Nikki alone again, they won't reconcile. But maybe they'll start to get closer (like they did on Friday). Nikki will soften.

Into that vacuum, Ashley comes home, and her reconciliation with Victor is near-instant. In the process, a SORASd Abby grows closer to her bio-dad (after Adam, Victor refuses to perpetuate another separation from a child), and Adam is super-threatened. The most fun, though, is that Nikki CAN'T STAND Victor with Ashley. And the games begin....

I don't want Ashley back till she can come into a front-burner story. And I don't think the canvas is ready for her yet in Genoa City.

Archived