If this lethargy continues, when will daytime die forever?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Nah.. I actually think that if some of the classic storylines from the past were shown today, people would still find a reason to bitch and complain. People today seem far more sensitive and A LOT more demanding than before.

• Members

Canadians aren't work-aholics like Americans. They are advanced people and work hard, but they resemble more of how the U.S. was in the 80's. They come home from work and want to watch TV. They also have a higher unemployment rate (as of today, but that could change VERY soon!).

• Members

What's funny is that the demos for those who watch Y&R in Canada are actually college educated, upper middle class women AND men. My staff and I had Y&R on in the staff room only a few hours ago! In between Botox shots and laser resurfacing you best believe I'm watching the goings on in Genoa City.

• Members

Well I certainly wasn't inferring that Canadians who watch Y&R are uneducated or poor - it just seems to me from my travels there that life is a lot more realxed and simple. Americans are so on-the-go...gotta go gotta go gotta go right now - you know? No time to watch soaps or TV in general. I personally wouldn't mind living in a city like Toronto where everyone watches Y&R! It'd be so fun to have my fave show be the talk of the town and have "did-you-see-what-Victor-did convos" at the watercooler. But alas iu live in L.A. where it's so gauche to watch a soap. If I ever ask anyone do you watch I always get "Oh I have a job"which ticks me off cause I do too - i just have a TIVO!

• Members

I guess they want to keep their soaps together--but I have no idea why the Doctors didn't tkae the 2pm spot instead? it's not the kinda thing most kids home from school are going to watch IMHO.

Last year the local CH station replaced Days of our Lives at 4pm with Tyra--it lasted abotu 2 months till they returned the old time slot.

You migth when it's canceled after the current 13 eps are played out ;)

Archived