Santa Barbara Discussion Thread

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Finally to the Lionel and Sophia one night stand. I've said it before, I'll say it again, the show DID NOT PLAY THAT FOR ALL IT’S WORTH! Holy cow, that triangle could have been fuel for years. 

I know that they sort of went there with CC constantly throwing it in her face, but they should have REALLY went there.

Edited by Marissa Gallant

• Members

Augusta was just kidnapped and her captors already regret this. Lol. Robert is also kidnapped, but his kidnappers don't regret it.

Which makes me wonder, if you were going to kidnap a character, which would be the easiest and who would you never kidnap?

I wouldn't kidnap Gina, because they'd probably pay me to NOT give her back.

Julia is out because she is on par with Augusta. 

CC would kill me with his bare hands.

Lionel would be delightful and get in on the scheme. So he's going to be my pick

• Members

You've covered Julia, Augusta, and Gina so:

Eden - instantly no - she's got that psychic connection to Cruz and he would rescue her within a day, no cell phone needed

Kelly - she's already freed herself from an old western town, and she avoided ever being captured by Flame, so she's out

Laken - the Lockridge's never had that kind of liquidity to come up with a reasonable ransom

Santana - too high maintenance and I don't have access to pharmaceuticals

Brandon - he's already been kidnapped many times before and he's a willy little bastard

Minx - she'll kill your pet for an appetizer and she's has a potion of youth, so she's got nothing to loose

Sophia - would disguise herself as a man and escape due to her knowledge of all of the underground tunnels in Santa Barbara

Thus, I agree it's got to be Ted - my only concern is that it would take weeks before anyone realized he was missing...

Edited by j swift

• Members

Yes! Thank you for playing with me. I was watching this at work because it's a very slow time for me, but I'm trying to stay quiet. Then the kidnapper (poor fella) asked Augusta if she wanted some pizza. She started yelling, "Do I look like pizza people? No. I'm french wine and Russian caviar people. Pizza people park my car for me." And not laughing was the hardest part of that. Between that and her calling the Blue Sky Brigade "The little blue people".

• Members

@Marissa Gallant re Cassandra- when I watched this live I was 13 or 14- I was really into Cassandra's storylines with Mason and Warren, but I don't think I was old enough to really understand the mix of love/hate or whatever went on in those relationships. I was an angsty teenager though, so that aspect of it appealed to me lol. I have not rewatched it since, so I only vaguely remember though.

So is the consensus the last Laken - Shell D - was the best? I just watched a clip and she seems the best actress maybe?

• Members

Maybe this doesn't make sense. But I think Julie Ronnie was a bad actress (really terrible, one of the worst from the regular cast) but I was interested on Laken and Ted during her years.

Meanwhile I think Susan Marie Snyder was quite good as an actress, but she was not Laken at all. It was another character. She didn't make any sense.

And about Shell Danielson. She was also quite good as an actress (probably the best as you say), but Laken was zero interesting.

About the consensus: I'm not sure but I think most of the fans would choose Julie Ronnie as the best Laken.