Santa Barbara Discussion Thread

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

The detective also said that the boat was reurning, but she left a long time ago. 

I did see when they spent the night together. And they did both think it was a mistake. 

Yes he was. And his introduction to Mason was GOLD! Some darling posted that scene on Facebook yesterday and I had to watch it twice. It's just difficult to sepatate the end Dylan from the beginning. 

And Nick's creeping me out. He definitely has a thing for young innocents. His thing for Alice is full on creepy. Kelly was bad enough, Alice is worse. Ugh. Shudder

I'm really confused about why the Dobsons did a lot of things. But by that point, I think the Network suits had more say in what the Dobsons did than the Dobsons. I think the Dobsons fought for some things, let others go and fell on the Marj Dusay sword (and Gee-turns out THEY were right about that one.) They also wanted Jed, but a suit said NOPE. I hope that suit got fired...

• Members

David Haskell was only 37 when he played Nick, but he had a mature look that definitely went against him when he played opposite 19-year-old Robin Wright. Marie-Alise Recasner (Alice) is actually several years older than RW, but on the show was made to look younger. I agree that it was still creepy with Nick, at least visually.

• Members

Another missed opportunity with Brick. When he was talking about how it felt when Amy died, we could have found out what Sophia felt when her old geezer Count died.

And when Sophia and CC fell apart, Brick could have been there with an, "I was terrified this would happen, Mom."

This is very true. There was a lot of recon for a young show.

• Members

I'm at the Tape Episodes. I mean, sure, the marriage between CC and Gina is a sham. And the whole thing is over the top. And any real police department would hear the cassette and ransack Gina's belongings. But it is so much more fun the way the show does it. And the one liners during these episodes have me rolling. 

When Gina has the cake that she pops out of delivered, Keith asks, "What is this? A mobile home for Hansel and Gretel?" 

And when Mason and Gina are kissing and they are saying one thing, but the voice overs say what they're thinking. 

Gina roasting hot dogs on the balcony. 

It's all just so funny.