All: Grade the current EP's!

• Members

Grade all the Current Exectutive Producers!!!!

AMC: C-

JHC has no vision for the show. She started off good but ever scince mid 2005 its all gone down hill.......

ATWT: D+

I cannot believe that he let Martha go!!!! Christopher has got to go! :angry:

B&B: B

DAYS: C+

Ed Scott is doing a GREAT job over there. He has changed DAYS!!! :D

GH: F

JFF SUCKS ASS!!! She needs to be fired!!!!!

GL: D-

Ellen has gotta go! Agian she really does not have a real vision!!!

OLTL: A-

Frank is doing a great job! :D

Y&R: C+

The show is getting so much better!!!

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

AMC: F

JHC let Julia Barr go, and Marcy Walker, and Cady McClain and basically structured AMC around the Laverys and Careys. Her biggest contribution stylistically was to bring in handheld cameras and use a film-like look, which imo takes away from the intimacy and theatricality that soaps should have. I just think she's completely clueless not only about what used to make Pine Valley such a special place, but what used to make soaps so compelling to watch.

• Members

AMC: B+ I think JHC has done great things at the show. I love the "film" like quality the show has. She has made some mistakes but I think she is good at what she does. I was a big fan of Port Charles and that was in large part because of her.

ATWT: C- It's time for Goutman to go.

B&B: A- I love Bradley Bell.

DAYS: B+ Ed Scott is a visionary and has done great things with the production values on the show.

GH: B JFP is a really hands-on EP and I think she is being restrained from higher ups like Brian Frons. She was terrific when she was at Santa Barbara.

GL: B Ellen Wheeler is willing to shake things up and for that I think she deserves major props. She is producing the show on a shoe-string budget and thats admirable.

OLTL: A What I have seen of OLTL Frank Valentini is doing a great job. He has been with the show for years in many capacities and it is evident he loves the show.

Passions: C+ What she has had to endure with all the ups and downs with the show being cancelled twice within a year and she is still able to get the job done deserves some praise.

Y&R: B Josh Griffith is loads better than LML and I loved that he was part of the team that created Sunset Beach.

• Members

AMC: D

Carruthers is an idiot. Using the film style look/shaky camera, not fighting for Julia Barr or giving her sendoff, saying the scenes where Ryan/Josh take advantage of Zach and drug him from last year were "fun", lying to James Scott (ex Ethan) about his future with the show.

Phelps is The Wicked Witch of The West in daytime. The woman has taken one of the best soaps and turned it into an embarrassment to the genre. Everything on this show is depressing, Sonny has turned into a hateful monster (I loved him before), women are violated on a constant basis, the mob are looked at as heroes, women are boring for the most part, creating Sam McCall and Claudia Zacchara (the worst characters ever created on this show), allowing Sam's history to be rewritten to prop her up on countless occasions.

• Members

GL-F

Ellen Wheeler is the worst EP in the history of daytime. This twit has managed to unite most of the fans against her sorry butt. This woman's vision has managed to destroy everything that I loved about Guiding Light in four years. :angry: I hope she never get another job in daytime again.

• Members

ABC

AMC: F

Aimless writing, wooden acting, atrocious production values - name the sin, and AMC has committed it. As with Jean Dadario Burke before her, Julie Hanan Carruthers has proven the network, and not the EP, is in charge of this show.

Same as above - and perhaps, even more so where Jill Farren Phelps and GH are concerned. I'm so accustomed to JFP leaving her (black) mark on her shows, it shocks me that "her" GH doesn't feel as if she actually produces it!

OLTL: C

Fronsie and Frank Valentini better get down on their knees and thank (God for) Ron Carlivati. Otherwise, OLTL's grade would be as poor as Julie's and Jill's.

Average (A=5; B=4; C=3; D=2; F=1): D (and yes, I'm rounding up).

CBS

ATWT: C

Writing-wise, ATWT is a mess. Some good ideas, some WTF ones, but lousy execution all around. Nevertheless, Christopher Goutman continues to prove, if nothing else, that he knows how to put on a classy production (poor casting and un-casting decisions notwithstanding).

B&B: B

This show has been up-and-down creatively since the (pseudo-) resolution of Stephanie's shooting, but the production values and "look" of B&B remain as consistent (and impeccable) as always.

GL: "Incomplete"

It might be unfair to judge the show's new production scheme so early for these purposes. What I've seen, I haven't liked; however, I'll conceed they might need time to work out the bugs. But, let me say this: the writing? Is doing GL No. Favors.

Y&R: C

Aside from DAYS, Y&R is probably the most improved soap on the air right now, compared to last year. Josh Griffith, IMO, has not done enough to merit a higher grade, but his team certainly deserves marks for improvement.

Average (excluding GL): C.

NBC

DAYS: C

Could be better but ... could be worse, too. Yes, Ed Scott has made incredible contributions to the show, production-wise. Direction, lighting and sets have improved remarkably. Some actors (not naming any names) continue to grate, but there seems to be more of an effort these days to elicit genuine performances out of the cast. No more is DAYS just a bunch of model-cum-actors posing seductively for the cameras. I only wish the writers would devise some halfway decent storylines (because, hey, Ed Scott can't do everything by himself!).

Average: C.

• Members

AMC: Julie Hanan Carruthers

Grade: D-

OLTL: Frank Valentini

Grade: B+

GH: Jill Farren Phelps

Grade: D+

GL: Ellen Wheeler

Grade: FFFFFFFFFFFF

Y&R: Josh Griffith

Grade: A-

ATWT: Chris Goutman

Grade: C

B&B: Bradley Bell

Grade: B+

I'll put my reasons in later.

I don't mean to question anyone's opinion, but are you being sarcastic there?

• Members

B&B: A

Brad Bell may have his problems when it comes to story and writing, but B&B does indeed look impeccable as always.

Y&R: B-

I think the show still needs a long way to look as it did, and feel as it did, and be paced as it did, and have compelling stories as it did. But it's better than it was.

• Members

AMC: Julie Hanan Carruthers - F

Strength: None

Weakness: Everything

OLTL: Frank Valentini - A

Strength: the show looks good and moves well

Weakness: none that i can think of

GH: Jill Farren Phelps - D

Strength: I do like the cgi comp. they hired... i do like how the show moves faster now... maxie & spinelli are great and i do think that has a lot to do with jill based on interviews i have read

Weakness: there is NO balance on this show. too much violence. the story lines all repeat.

GL: Ellen Wheeler - F

Strength: Actually seems to care about GL & the future of soaps

Weakness: Has a sloppy plan that she does half ass.

Y&R: Josh Griffith - B

Strength: Y&R has gotten its look back and feels like it use to. the sets look better. the show moves better

Weakness: none come to mind.

ATWT: Chris Goutman - F

Strength: None

Weakness: Everything

B&B: Bradley Bell - B

Strength: the show is great all around for the most part.

Weakness: doesn't use his entire cast like he should.

Days: Ed Scott - B

Strength: the show has much more balance. it looks better. it moves better. characters are getting there identity back. the music is amazing.

Weakness: none that come to mind at the moment

Archived