All: Grade the current EP's!

• Members

Oh I know, Greg. With Ellen Wheeler, it's like you're getting an invitation to a hamburger cookout. So, you go out of your way to make the potato salad and the baked beans and possibly bring a bag of potato chips just to show some kind of generosity of some sort. So, you have your hamburger bun served open-faced on a paper plate expecting an 8oz angus beef patty, but instead, you're being served a Sloppy Joe. I hate that.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

AMC- F

ATWT- D

Goutman used to be a great EP, but now he's completely burned out. Sure Goutman has made mistakes in the past, but honestly they have been some BIG mistakes. It seems now more than ever they are more frequent. I blame him and Passanante for making ATWT completely unrecognizable right now.

B&B- C

B&B could benefit if Bell was ousted, but I believe it would also suffer.

DAYS

Ed Scott- A

Ken Corday- F

To hire and fire writers in such a sloppy way that it causes your show to lose tons of money is ridiculous. He's still paying JER and now he's paying Hogan and his writing staff for panicing. It's insane. His inability to make a decision and stick with it has cost the show so much in the past. DAYS would flourish if Corday was simply ousted from the soap his parents created.

GH- C-

Jill Farren Phelps is not actually as bad as oh say Julie Hannan Curruthers, but I think she and Goutman are on the same level when it comes to overseeing a soap; they see a need to break away with the show's identity and turn it into something it's not. Both have made it goal to make their soaps well produced and directed, but when it comes to making sure the HW they have writing for them is doing their job they fail. With JFP, she lets her personal likes and dislike get in the way of the show's progress, like another EP (or former) :cough:Lynn Marie Latham:cough:.

GL- D

I would give Kreizman an F, but Wheeler in a way does understand soaps, but her plans fail miserably. First example would be the firing and attempt at rehiring Grant Aleksander. The second example would be pathetic attempt to rehire Peter Simon or cast a Ed Bauer. The list goes on and on about EW has mishandle GL. GL would benefit largely if she and her hack of Head Writer were let go IMO.

OLTL- D-

This is OLTL's ONLY problem right now; the show has a crappy EP. Valentini has yet to do anything with the show's production values (it leaves alot to be desired, especially considering the wide variety of great sets the show has). OLTL needs someone like Ed Scott, David Shaughnessy, or even Wendy Riche to match Ron Carlivati's amazing talents as a writer.

Y&R- B-

Josh Griffith is doing a fine job. Nothing to brag about, but he has brought the real Y&R back in some shape and form. Now if only he can get rid of the dead weight with the cast.

Archived