Days: Getting Better Or Worse?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well, to be fair, Duck and Gabby were just blips in the radar. Clearly, I can't argue with Willow, Jeremy or Jett, since they were all probably conceived to be long-term characters that failed. But Duck and Gabby were never supposed to be. They served their purpose as supporting players in the Shawn/Belle on-the-run story, and were promptly written off. They may have been under contract, but I'm assuming that was more about making sure they didn't bail in the middle of the story.

Although to put a button on everything, I still don't understand why the woman at the baby beauty pageant who kidnapped Claire wasn't Gabby. That would have brought some really satisfying closure to those couple months.

But otherwise, I don't think anyone can accuse Gabby and Duck of "taking over the show". LOL

• Members

I think that the story was just soooooo drawn out and well...*bad* that even if they were or weren't taking over the show in some capacity, whenever they were on it was like nails on a chalkboard with Kiss playing in the background. I just wanted it all to be over

• Members

I will agree too. The show has gotten really, really good in the last several weeks and months. I think it's common knowledge on the board that anything Reilly-related (from the second go-round, not the first) makes my skin crawl.

• Members

I'm not finding the show as interesting as I have before. And it's funny, I love Bo and Hope and should be totally torn up over the story, but I'm not. I think it's because I already know what the outcome is going to be. One thing about John coming back from the dead is that it took away any suspense about a major character dying who is under 80 years old. I'm pretty sure that Bo won't be going anywhere, so I'm not getting worked up. The characters who are my favorites and brought me back to the show are MIA -- no telling if they will ever be back. It has pleased some fans I'm sure, but I'm one fan who watched every episode, even during the "bad" time last year, because of them. That has sapped some of my enthusiasm for the show. I'm trying to get into Steve and Kayla's story. Ava, I'm still not grabbed by this actress. Trying to make myself like and be interested in Stephanie and Max. Jawn who was amusing at first, I'm starting to find tiresome. Yes Claire and Jawn are cute, but I'm not sure they are going to make me tune in. I probably wouldn't be as grumpy about my favorites' absence if the show's dialogue was better, but it's, well, bad. I'm doing something I haven't done since the Alex North story -- tuning out half of the time.

I always go against the grain of what most Days' viewers think though -- I bet the ratings for Days will improve now that I'm not watching. Never fails! :lol:

• Members

Worse, I am sick of recycled storylines and repetive characters. The show is boring and totaly deserves to go off the air. Bringing back John is what made me walk the final walk. GH and Y&R are far better. I look forward to seeing some of my past favorite DOOL characters land in Port Charles and Genua City.

• Members

I don't find the show boring...it's just dark and depressing most of the time. Light-hearted moments are few and far between these days. I don't look forward to tuning in each day the way I did before. I think it was just too much doom and gloom too quickly. I'm missing characters I loved to watch last year, and I'm wondering why this show can't balance the vets with newer characters better...and keep all the vets in sinc. Where's Roman and Sami while everyone is being tested for a match with Bo? Shouldn't they be tested, too? I hope whoever's writing this show soon realizes there are fans who don't just watch for the vets. It was a mistake to exclude the vets from last year's stories...but it might be just as big a mistake to focus on them non-stop, excluding almost everyone else. The goal should be to get back the Neilsen fans of the vets who stopped watching last year...not tune out the newer watchers who may not have an emotional investment in the vets. To survive, IMO this show needs balance. They can't do that if they keep playing Either/Or with viewers. They need everybody watching. JMO, of course.

• Members

That was too funny to read. :lol: Cheyenne- you poor thing! Bless your heart! I remember about a couple of years ago, there was a Guiding Light fan who lived in France I believe. And over there, Guiding Light was three or four years behind as well. And during that time they had Guiding Light where Millie Taggart was writing for the show. Great storylines etc., but this poor viewer from France didn't know what was to be expected once Ellen Weston and John Conboy came on board. My advice was to fasten your seatbelts-- because it's gonna be one hell of a bumpy ride!

Back on the subject..I think DAYS is getting better, but I'm starting to smell Dena Higley's presence already and I'm definately throwing caution out there. It should be rather intriguing to watch but not in a rather good way but a disasterous one.

• Members

The question for me is better than when? I thought in February, DOOL was the best soap that I watched. It was very good. Right now it is not as good as it was in February, but it is still very good. I'm really enjoying the mix of characters young and old. It is far better than the Duck Days. In my opinion, it's enjoyable, I DVR it every day and watch it after work. I fast forward some, but there are very few days that I fast forward more than I watch.

• Members

Days is really a mixed bag lately.

Bo/ Hope et al - the emotional stuff is great, but the medical side is painful. Has anyone on this show taken a proper CPR course. How about having some medical consultants.

John/ Marlena, etc - Marlena has been great to watch, but Drake is worse than ever. It reminds me of Jason on General Hospital, but Drake can't act.

Tony, Anna - filler storyline and yet I love the 2 characters.

Patch, Kayla, Ava - Ava is a painful one note character. The others are trying their best to pull this off.

Max is actually interesting me for the first time ever.

Sami, EJ - I can't watch her wanting to stay married to her rapist. I fast forward. Get Lucas out of jail and reveal Will as the shooter.

• Members

It was good for a moment. I can only say good, I won't say "Blow Your Mind Amazing", because it wasn't with the plane crash stuff, just typical DAYS stunt that was well plotted.

Now it's kind of ho-hum. It's better than some other soaps, but it's not saying much. However if this is Marck Christopher and Victor G(sp?) writing then I would not mind them taking the reigns of HW than Higley.

Archived