AMC/GL: RPG Gets New Role

• Members

I don't think B&E are going anywhere. I think they made a deal with the devil to stay with AMC long term! They wouldn't have gone FiCore during the strike and risked not being hired by other shows if they thought their positions with AMC weren't very tightly secure. Their well-done Jesse/Angie reunion has gotten the show its first really positive press in ages (though I highly suspect Agnes is guiding this storyline from afar) and has enabled the show to remain at least competitive in the HH ratings and demos. I wouldn't be shocked to see Latham or Sheffer show up as story consultant or co-head writer, but I think B&E are here for the long haul.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I certainly hope that ABC does not expect RGP to bring up ratings for AMC which will not happen. It didn't do anything for GH when Laura Wright (ex-Cassie, GL/Carly) jumped ship from GL to GH. What's next? ABC is going to court Martha Byrne (ex-Lily, ATWT) to OLTL?

I don't understand why they need to do it since ABC soaps have current great veterans and past actors they can utilize such as AMC's Julia Barr (ex-Brooke), Larkin Malloy (ex-Travis), Marcy Walker (ex-Liza), Cady MacClain (ex-Dixie), David Canary (Adam/Stuart), Robin Christopher (ex-Skye); OLTL's Dan Gauthier (ex-Kevin), Timothy Stickney (R.J.), Andrea Evans (ex-Tina), John Loprieno (ex-Cord), James DePaiva (ex-Max), Tonja Walker (ex-Alex); and GH's Jacklyn Zeman (Bobbie), Stuart Damon (ex-Alan), Genie Francis (ex-Laura), Finola Hughes (ex-Anna), Tristan Rogers (ex-Robert), John J. York (Mac), Kin Shriner (Scotty), and Kristina Wager (ex-Felicia).

• Members

They went FiCore because they're at the end of their careers and they have nothing more to gain. Babs is in her early 70s. I think she knows she's not going to get another soap after AMC, and given her age, she probably doesn't want another one!

• Members

This is great news!! I liked RPG on GL and I'm glad to see him elsewhere. It sure didn't take him long to find another role though. I am worried about those mindless hacks writing for him, but w/e.

I'd be perfectly fine with a Jake/Greenlee pairing again. I'll take anything over Greenlee and Aidan.

• Members

I was thinking the exact same thing. It kind of reminds me of Laura Wright's exit on Guiding Light and moving over to General Hospital. I thought it was such a best kept secret that even her co-star Kim Zimmer didn't have a clue that she was leaving. If I can remember correctly, Kim Zimmer said that she found out when she was at the grocery store and she read it on the front cover of SOD or SOW.

• Members

I think B&E went ficore to demonstrate their "loyalty" because they knew due to the ratings that if they didn't, they'd be out on their ass. I think they've bought themselves a little more time with that and Angie and Jesse. But not much.

With them at the helm I have little hope, but I think RPG as Jake is a great choice for a flagging but important character. I'd want him with Greenlee, but Greenlee's character is so fucked up these days. Especially today. Greenlee needs psychiatric help.

• Members

Eeeeeee I flove Ricky!!!!!!!!!! I hope he knows what he's in for. Changes seem to be afoot, could B&E possibly be on their way out? :D

Ryan I love ya, but I think I just threw up in my mouth, LOL.

I think possibly he might be for Greenlee, and we might get Jake/Greenlee/Aidan, or even Jake/Greenlee/Ryan, or they might stick him with Annie if Rylee goes full force

• Members

RPG will be great as Jake. He's an exciting actor, and should have some rocking chemistry with Budig. I wonder if they'll dredge up the whole Adam/Liza/Jake sperm story and toy with the idea of Colby begin Jake's. C'mon, anything is possible on this show. Everything is in place now for a great show...some good actors, and characters and situations with historical ties. The show just needs a competent writing team to make this all work. Hoping beyond hope that B&E will be shown the door soon (and that Lorraine Broderick could be convinced to return), but I'm not too optimistic about that happening.

• Members

They went Fi-Core so they could write for Jesse & Angie, and IMO they most likely knew their asses were about to be fired too.

Sorry but I disagree with everything you said. I think they are out, no way they're sticking around unless Frons is truly trying to get the show cancelled....

• Members

ITA!

I really do not think B&E would have been still writing if they did not go Fi-Core....They went Fi-Core because their asses were on the line. The quality of the show was horrible, and the ratings where horrible!

I do think B&E are going to go because if they stay we can say BYE BYE to AMC....:(

Archived