ALL: Ratings from December 2004 Christmas Week

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Whoa! To see GL at a 2.6 in Christmas of 2004 during the Conboy/Weston era. I'm too shocked for words. Even Ellen Wheeler would give anything to have that kind of rating for GL today.

Soaps were still going neck to neck 4 years ago like AMC, ATWT, DAYS, OLTL, and GH.

• Members

Beyond depressing.

Ellen Weston's GL, with that hooker chick's love boudoir, Jeffrey and Beth doing it against Japanese paper doors and the Marianne Whateverthef*ck murder mystery, were some kind of awful!

Plus Days was at the height of JER hell and on GH, Sonny/Carly/Jason/Courtney were on 5 days a week, in constant rotation. In a lot of ways, I think a few soaps have actually improved in some respects. They have a long way to go, though.

• Members

LOL! :lol: I remember the Garden Of Eden Murder Mystery where Ben Reade was the killer, but that was before Christmas of 2004. Actually, believe it or not, it was Guiding Light's Christmas episode where Blake and Ross get re-married that got the show nominated for Outstanding Drama Series.

• Members

Oh my God- you are so correct. Please forgive me because it apparently seems that I am having a blonde.jpg. I knew that Wheeler/Kreizman have been around for nearly a good four years, but I totally forgot that this is NOT 2007, but 2008! Now, I'm really embarrassed.

Actually, no I'm not because in my defense, I know that I said that Ellen Wheeler would kill for a 2.6 rating nowadays. And she's turned viewers off because of her direction and how she sees the show as "fit" according to her own definition without listening to the viewers of Guiding Light.

Ellen Wheeler has no concern for the viewers genuine emotions, or what is simply best for Guiding Light, and she dismisses the sheer fact that without the fans of Guiding Light, she would not even have a job as the shows Executive Producer. With PGP's/Televest apparent lack of considerate action, it is obvious to me as well as many other passionate viewers that they are just letting Guiding Light fade away into the sunset. All that I simply see is Ellen Wheeler's repetitve attempt to alienate as many fans as possible by destroying every good thing about Guiding Light and insulting the history of the show.

Sorry, but these feelings I had to get off my chest. I'll step off the soap-box. soapbox.gif

• Members

Nope, it's just proof that all the soaps had higher ratings then. I was aggressively not watching Days by then, with extreme prejudice, and I know I'm not the only one. (The only time I didn't watch it, period, was between 2004 and the first half of 2006.)

What I remember from that period before I stopped watching: Bonnie hickin' it up and kissing on Great Great Grandfather Mickey while they did redneck, cornpone musical montages at Maggie's, "Tony" with a contraption to control the weather (or something), showing off Stefano's mummified corpse with a cigar stuck in the mouth, really fake jungle sets, and the horrible Jan #2 (#3?) making the show seem REALLY like Passions somehow.

Archived