GH: A Sudden Shooting

• Members

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/t...hospital-2.html

A sudden shooting on 'General Hospital'

By CAROLYN HINSEY

Saturday, February 16th 2008, 4:00 AM

Shots rang out Friday on "General Hospital," but who got hit?

"Monday picks up with both Kate and Carly lying on the ground," says Laura Wright, who plays Carly. "You don't know who got hit. Jax comes to Carly and says, 'Carly, are you okay?' She's, like, 'I guess I got queasy and fell over.' Carly thinks she must have passed out from being pregnant. She didn't even hear the gun go off."

Which means she doesn't know it was her son Michael who accidentally fired it.

"She has no idea," continues Wright. "They just assume the gunfire means bad news that they should probably get away from. Jax takes her to the hospital to make sure she's okay."

Leaving Kate alone and bleeding on the docks.

"Michael freaks out at what he's done and jumps on a boat and hides," says Wright. "And then a pair of red high heels appear. Claudia walks up, takes a look at Kate, and keeps walking! I don't think anyone knows Claudia was there and saw her. Sonny finally finds [Kate] and takes her to the hospital. She's in dire straits."

So is Michael. As Jax tends to Carly and Sonny takes care of Kate, neither parent realizes their son has gone AWOL.

"At this point, Jason and Sonny know that Michael had a gun, and they know Michael is missing, so they expect that it might've been Michael [who shot Kate]. Sonny says to Jason, 'Does Carly know the details?' No, Carly doesn't even know he had a gun. She was too busy trying to get pregnant," continues Wright.

By the end of the week, Carly finds out from Max that Michael never showed up at school, and all thoughts turn to the missing boy."

"Sonny basically threatened Michael, saying, 'If I ever find you with a gun, you better keep running, because I'll kill you,' like every father should do," says Wright with a chuckle of her character's mobster ex-husband. "So that's playing over in Michael's head while he's trying to figure out what to do and where to go. The last script I read, Carly picks up the phone and you see Michael on the other end. But he doesn't speak. And that's the end of the episode."

Will all the turmoil with her son have a negative impact on Carly's pregnancy?

"I hope so," quips the actress. "I've already been pregnant four times [on soaps], and twice in real life. I am done wearing the fat suit."

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Wow. I really don't know what to say. I don't like Claudia anymore, she's a clod hearted bitch. I'm so glad that LW doesn't want to wear the fat suit again. I am really disappointed in that line because I was actually looking forward to hear her say something profound about children and guns. I guess I was asking too much

• Members

I actually can not wait for this. Is it going to be told correctly? is it going to have fallout for years or even months to come? no. is it just a plot point for claudia/sonny war? yes. but still, it should be good.

i also hope for some scenes where carly goes crazzy on jason & sonny for not telling her and same for mike.

Archived