I love Mariah carey but.........

EricaKane70

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

'Glitter' hands down, IMO, is the best movie of 2001.

The movie did terribly at the box office because of 9-11, not because of the quality of the film. The soundtrack was released on the darkest day in history...was anyone really wanting to see a movie then? No.

Not to mention that after 9-11, comedians needed something/someone to make fun of. Mariah was that punching bag. Because of what a few critics have said, they decided to take the ball and run with it instead of seeing the movie for themselves.

It wasn't THAT bad. Sheesh. And Wisegirls was a perfect followup.

And Shane, Mariah sold over 400,000 copies of Mimi it's opening week. Take that!

And I don't care what anyone says, unless Mariah goes on record as having said she got implants, I refuse to believe it.

Mariah just rocks!

• Members

Well, Madonna's "Music" sold 420, 000 in its first week, so take that!

Madonna has had 12 #1's on Billboard, compared to Mariah's 16 (many achieved due to her record label selling her singles for ninety-nine cents). On Radio & Records, Madonna's 15 #1's is far greater than Mariah's total.

On a more superficial note, Madge is 10 years older than Mimi and looks a hell of a lot better.

• Members

Madonna looks like an old woman in her hung up video. Yes she is in better shape than mariah, but its made her look like a rugged old woman. The muscular looked doesn't suit her. Mariah's hits were #1 because people loved her music, just because you sell your music for cheap doesn't mean people will like it. Its the people that determine whats hot and whats not.

• Members

Nothing wrong with looking rugged. Women shouldn't HAVE to look soft and feminine.

And I agree that it's the people who determine what's hot .... hmmm, I guess that is why Madonna's video has been #1 on MTV's countdown for several days, while Mariah is at #4.

And EVERYBODY knows that Mariah got a couple of her late 90s #1's (specifically, "Heartbreaker" and "Thank God I Found You") because her record label sold the singles for ninety-nine cents. Not to mention that Madonna has never hopped on the tired trend of using a rapper in every other single ... so boring.

It's also kind of neat how Madonna's albums usually end up on critics' lists of the best of all time, while Mariah never does: see "Rolling Stone," "Q Magazine," and "Blender" just for starters.

• Members

On Mtv mariah's video was #1 just a couple of weeks ago also, madonna will go down in the countdown eventually like mariah did. I didn't like either of those songs you mentioned above. Mariah loves hip hop so why wouldn't she ask a rapper to be in her song , she was shunned from doing anything hip-hop in the beginning of her career. Don't get me started on rolling stones, they hated mariah since day one, she could be the best artist in the world and they would still hate her.lol I don't read Q magazine or blender, I read vibe and she always gets good marks from the r&b mags for the most part, thats her genre and who better to judge? Rollings stone magazine has a long history of giving r&b and rap bad marks anyway.

• Members

"I Don't Wanna Cry" by Mariah Carey is one of the best ballads I've ever heard in my life.

I do think Madonna is far better, but I understand that Mariah has her fans and is going down in history as one of the most successful female soloists of all time. So is Madonna.

God bless them both.

• Administrator

I like both. :)

But, I LOVED old school Mariah when she was with Sony/Columbia. Music Box is my all time favorite album. I miss Mariah's ballads....not this hiphop stuff that she does now. :( But Mariah definitely got a lot hotter. She has sweet implants that's for sure! :D

• Members

Toups, how many times do I have to say, they are not implants?! It's what happens when your weight fluctuates and you have good wonderbras. :)

And Shane, to my knowledge, the only single that was sold for .99 was Loverboy and that peaked at #2. But it was the #1 selling single of the year.

• Members

I love Mariah more than I like Madonna.

I find her extreme divaness to be funny and entertaining as well. I'm sick of Madonna's re-inventions and rebellious moods. You're 45+ woman, be an adult already!

As for Glitter, I liked the first half. The other half was horrible...

• Members

I prefer Mariah. I used to like Madonna. I always remember hearing my sisters play both their albums.

I stopped liking Madonna when she went all Euro- Dance pop. I think that her music lacks substance. It may be catchy, but when I think back to all her albums in the old days, it leaves me unmoved.

For Mariah, I never really liked her until she came out with Daydream. To me, that was the best thing that she ever did for her career. Then she went even futher with Butterfly. Heartbraker was her last good single before she went downhill with glitter. I hated how she always whispered her songs. But then all of a sudden, I liked her again after We Belong Together, which by the way is her 16th #1 on the hot 100 chart, staying at the top spot for 14 weeks. Rarely do we see a song #1 for that long.

Mariah's voice may not be as great as it was before, but its still AMAZING. My jaw dropped when I heard Stay the Night. I cant imagine anyone singing that song and doing it better than her.

----------------

:lol: that was like 5 years ago. You gotta compare TEOM and COADF. mariah's 404,000 still beats Madonna's 344,000.

Do u think ppl really know WTF Radio & Records is? Billboard is what the music industry goes by. 16 still beats 12.

Madonna may be skinnier and more fit. I'll give u that. But, she's beginning to show her age. On the other had Mimi is WAY FREAKIN HOT!!! SHe sure is THICK!!! The more up top, the merrier!! And she looks hella good for being 36.

Archived