I love Mariah carey but.........

EricaKane70

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The new Madonna album leaves anything Mariah has done in the dust.

I can't believe how annoying MC is when she saunters up on stage and prattles on about God. This woman is easily my least favorite female singer OF ALL TIME, even though I did like "We Belong Together" and some of the oldies.

• Members

I find Mariah to be annoying now. She really can't sing great live anymore. She always sounds off-key or out of breath. I still like her though.

Hold on Kanewomen, some could say the same thing about Mariah Carey. They can say she's a has been as well.

• Members

I don't think either are has beens, but I'm not a fan of Mariah anymore. She hasn't rleeased a good album in years, IMO. This last album was the most overhyped piece of trash I've ever heard. And I HATE the way she mimes all the high notes when singing live.

• Members

I've loved Mariah Carey since I was like 5 years old...nuff said there.

Anyone who knows me will tell you I defend everything, including 'Glitter.'

That said, I miss the awesome, beautiful love ballads that used to be on her albums. I mean, people say "We Belong Together" is a ballad, but it's not really. I love stuff like "Everything Fades Away," "All I Ever Wanted," "So Blessed," "Vanishing," etc. Her last really good love ballad was "Lead The Way" from the 'Glitter' soundtrack. I would have loved for that to be released as a single instead of "Never Too Far." Maybe it would have sold more copies.

That said, I don't judge Mariah on the way she wants to steer her career. I guess she sees those Afanasieff-like ballads as the thing that kept her from experimenting with different things when she was married to Tommy Motolla. And lord knows that was a controlling relationship for her.

I like about half the songs on 'Mimi,' but I don't see myself not buying any of her albums anytime soon.

I will always support Mariah's endeavors though good and bad, because I think she's talented and has the most beautiful voice I've ever heard.

As far as Madoona goes, I'm not hardcore, but I haven't been able to get into anything after her 'American Life' release. I was tempted to buy 'Confessions,' but I don't think I'm gonna purchase that anytime soon.

'American Life' was such a rebellious, cool album. I don't know if anything can top that. 'Caught Up' is very clubbish and trendy, but it's no 'Music.'

And Madonna is a hypocrite, calling TV trash and such when that is pretty much the way she has earned her living. Without television, she would be a one-hit-wonder long forgotten.

But I do give her big-ups for planning a primetime serial with my alltime fave Christian McLaughlin.

• Members

Sorry, Kanewomen, but you can eat your words. Madonna will debut at #1 on the American albums chart tomorrow, outselling American Idol's Carrie Underwood. Nobody who sells 300, 500 copies of an album in one week is in any way, shape, or form a has-been. That's the most ridiculous comment I've ever read. A has-been? Exactly how?

Ryan and Chris, I loved your comments on Mariah!

• Members

Same goes for you mariah has over 10 number hits. how many has madonna have? how long did it take for her to win a grammy???? Mariah won her first year out. I think its mariah career thats left Madonna in the dust. How many bad movies has madonna had??? Mariah just had one. I don't even think carrie underwood is even competition for madonna, this is her first album. I used to like madonna until she became a snob and a hypocrite.

Archived