Barack Obama Elected President!

Max

• Members

She's kind of young but maybe she thinks it's a good retro reference as in the "C" in NAACP or as in some people using the term "people of color." I can't think too poorly of her since she's still trying to find herself it seems. Yesterday I read a short paragraph about her saying she's not a lesbian but may be bisexual and she's in love with a woman.

I don't know what Palin's image is but I do think that all the anonymous snipes at her are cowardly. I don't think it's about blaming her for the shortcomings of McCain's campaign since he's responsible for that including her being on the ticket. I think that it's probably some of Mitt Romney's supporters among others who are trying to cast her in a bad light so that she won't get much support for a shot at being the GOP party leader.

McCain is going to campaign for Saxby Chambliss and Palin may go to Georgia to lend him a helping hand as well. I think that might turn out to be an interesting run off.

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I haven't seen any of that but I did read this morning that some vets have finally spoken up about there being no such thing as a hypoallergenic dog. I don't know why it took so long for that to be addressed.

Palin is apparently still running against Barack Obama and maybe this is her gearing up for 2012 since that line of attack was successful. Maybe Bill Ayers will shed some light on whatever she keeps saying about him tomorrow when he appears on GMA. What are the chances that she heard about him before she read the text of the stump speech about him?

Palin Attacks Obama Over Ayers Yet Again on CNN

Rachel Weiner

• Members

Palin Keeps Attacking Obama: "No Present Button"

Sam Stein

Since I'm not one of those people who wants to see Palin running in 2012, I should really look at her continuing attacks as helping to guarantee that she won't get far. Based on what she says about her faith maybe she believes that God can only open up the door for her and those with whom she agrees or she must really believe that God wants her to attack Obama. Based on the Country First platform on which she ran, she's showing some contradiction in that the election is over and she should put down her divisive partisan rhetoric. She should at least wait until Obama has taken office and done something disagreeable before pouncing. I fail to see how what she's saying is good for the country.

• Members

It's about separate but equal. The colored bathrooms were never as clean. They existed solely to make white bigots feel safe and superior. Civil unions, domestic partnerships or whatever will never be the same as marriage. They exist solely to make straight bigots feel safe and superior. People are either equal or not. Personally I believe that if we won't allow gay people to marry then they should pay less in taxes. No point in paying for rights not available to them.

As an aside, my "gay husband" informed me that in the interest of staving off the coming Gay/Black War based on Prop 8 (or as I call it the Afro-Homo Conflict) I have to take him out to dinner. I can't wait to inform him that it wasn't the "blacks" but the geezers that screwed it up. Especially since he's older than I am.

BTW, Dan Savage was on The Colbert Report commenting on this. All I can say is that I'm more in love with Dan (and Stephen) than I was before. And I didn't think that was possible.

http://www.hulu.com/watch/43974/the-colber...vage#s-p1-st-i1

• Members

I was wondering myself about that. Closest things are some nearly hairless dogs, which some aren't fans of.

But anyway, they've just been doing stories in general about how many animals are in shelters and are in need of adoption. Kind of a PSA but with some relevance to the Obamas.

• Members

Yes, she should. If she loves this country as much as she professes to, she will stop opening up that pie-hole of hers and get back to "governing" Alaska.

If the Republicans haven't learned anything from this election, then they will probably have SP as a front-runner for 2012. However, if they want to move more to the center and their historic fiscal conservative base, they will keep far away from her spiked tongue.

Good points. Ya know, I love how open-minded you are and supportive of gay rights. It's great to see that! :D

The clip was hilarious! Thanks for sharing. I didn't realize Dan Savage was such a cutie. B)

• Members

I think some of the media is actually enjoying this a bit much. They seem to be eager to make her the star of the GOP after having pointed out how "unfit" they found her to be vp. I have a hard time listening to her because she seems to say things in some strange order that makes her sound as if she's not making any sense at all.....which for the most part she isn't. Then you have the media, who sometimes admit that they're only covering her for lack of another story, try to pretend as if she's said or done something profound, only to contradict that minutes or even seconds later. What they're really enjoying is the possibility that there will be GOP internal fights that they can magnify.

When you listen to Crist give an interview and then listen to her what you get is coherence and then a head shaking moment. BTW, Crist is definitely setting himself up to vy for party leadership since I'm convinced that he's getting married to satisfy his party's concerns.

Here's a link to Bill Ayers on GMA:

http://abcnews.go.com/Video/playerIndex?id=6252793

Obviously, his book is being reprinted in an attempt to capitalize off the election. I think the interview is sufficient enough to get to whatever conclusion one will draw. I don't agree with his stance that what his group did does not constitute terrorism because the idea of blowing up the buildings was to result in scaring the government into doing what they wanted.

Chris Cuomo seems so idiotic in this piece to me. There are instances when a journalist needs to stick to a specific categorization despite how the subject categorizes it, for instance, a murderer trying to redefine murder as something else shouldn't cause the journalist to stop calling it murder. Cuomo doesn't want to accept that there is no real relationship between Ayers and Obama since he went on to imply that Obama seeks Ayers out for advice....which Ayers corrected him on. They should have had someone else interview him who could maintain more objectivity on that specific subject.

• Members

The only reason Crist got engaged in the first place was to placate the McCain camp when he was on the short list for VP. And you're right, Wales. He's only getting married to appear "mainstream" or whatever. Rumors of his homosexuality - or at least bisexuality - have been doggin him for years. <_<

I'm not sure what to think of HRC as Secretary of State. I'm not too keen on that idea, nor the other popular CW choice of John Kerry. My preference would be for someone like Hagel or even Powell. But I don't think Colin Powell is on anyone's radar right now. I would like to see him back in the White House in some capacity. He's a very able stateman and his experience would be an asset for Obama.

Here's something from CNN. It has the reaction of the crowd during the night of Nov 4 when Obama was forecast the winner of the election. There are shots from Grant Park, Paris, France, Norman, OK and quite a few others. Check it out.

http://countdowntovictory.blogspot.com/

• Members

I'm with you on both Clinton and Kerry. She's better off staying in the Senate. Maybe Bill Richardson or as you say Hagel. I don't know if he's still doing it but Colin Powell was at one point raising money for under privileged children's education. I recall a concert on HBO from Janet Jackson's Velvet Rope tour and a tie in with his work. Maybe he would be interested in something that broadens that base. Kerry might be better for Attorney General.

• Members

I like Bill Richardson and think he'd be great as Sec of State. Don't know why he slipped my mind. IMO, Kerry should stay where he's at in the Senate as well.

OT, but I fuckin love Janet. Seen her in concert for RN1814 and Velvet Rope and OMG. She's awesome.

And this y'all, is my 1000th post. I was hoping that it would be in this thread, where I've met some of the best people on SON. :D:DB)

Archived