Barack Obama Elected President!

Max

• Members

Same here. How many times does the man have to declare his own religion? That knee jerk obsession with his upbringing and his middle name is at the core of Republican fear-based politics. The number of African-Americans with Arabic names is a pretty high one. But now they're all fundamentalist Muslims? That's pretty damn racist, and Ann Coulter is getting a kick out of perpetuating that mentality too. For anyone to say they'd rather have a war monger Republican in office than Obama, well, don't come crying to me when you get the economy and stunted society that comes with them.

If the media is slanting its coverage away from Clinton because she's a woman, I don't see how it's working. She still gets tons of votes and the delegate count is practically at an even split. Most pundits liken Obama's campaign to a movement they've never seen before, and since money is the only god we worship, the amount he raises in the time he raises it is fascinating to them. His strides in canvassing the electorates have yielded results even he probably didn't expect.

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I have not seen polls on the Kentucky primary but it looks like a Hillary win. Hillary also got more delegates since the Michigan Democrat Party managed to get the delegates of their state (remember the DNC stripped them for violating a rule) to count...so Hillary now had Michigan's delegates. Maybe Florida will do the same?

• Members

I thought you were joking? Its not a big deal so I accept your apology. I will never be a republican though because I'm against majority of what they stand for. I like both hillary and obama so whoever wins is fine by me.

To devoted, I think Hillary should get the florida delegates also, Hillary shouldn't be punished for what that the state did. They need to fine the state or whoever made the violation, not take away the delegates.

• Members

OMG, will CNN leave chelsea clinton alone, its like they are pushing her to speak to the media when she doesn't even seem comfortable with that. This is the second day in a row that they have had the same story on their webpage. I don't think chelsea speaking to the media is gonna do anything for hillary in the big scheme of things.

As of now Obama is leading in delegates with 1,262(160 SD's) and Hillary has 1,213(235 SD's). I also heard that some SD's were switching over to obama from hillary's side, is that even allowed if you have already said you were with a certain candidate?

Soapsuds is this the dirt you were refering to about obama?

obama sex/drugs

If so I don't buy it.

• Members

They do need to leave Chelsea alone. She is just a media shy person and happens to be quiet around them. Do not expect her to be as active as Bill is since he can handle the media much more whereas Chelsea prefers they just leave her be.

SDs can switch to another candidate after voting for someone else. But now with Michigan and possibly Florida counting, the SDs should be in her favor along with the pledged delegates.

• Members

Yes, let's get Katherine Harris involved too. She knows how to throw an election. Seriously, does the Democratic party want a future? If so, they need to leave the damn super delegate situation as it is now. Why should an overhaul be done just to give one candidate an advantage? If Clinton is coming up short, it's her fault. She wasn't against excluding Florida and Michigan in the beginning, was she? You can't claim to be an antidote to Bush when you change rules to suit yourself just like him. This country does not OWE her a presidency, but she'll probably channel her inner Republican to get the job.

• Members

But, at the very same token, what she seems like she wants to do is, no matter who has the lead leading into Denver in August, she wants the SDs to vote her way...

So, if she wants every vote to count.....doesn't this seem like she's saying "They only count if I win, and if I don't, then I'll get the SDs to vote my way......and screw the popular vote"?

• Members

Then you don't know that Obama recently said it's unfair to jerk around those states and use their votes since there was no campaigning there. B)

If you follow the real definition of changing the rules, you'll note that the DNC made a stipulation that states moving up their primary or caucus dates would be disqualified from participation in the nomination, with Clinton coming up short. The Democrats knew before now that this was an instance in which not every American's vote would count, but it wasn't a problem until 2 front runners were splitting the electorate down the middle. In the general election for a president, all of the popular vote MUST count, without exception. Florida went against that rule by disregarding the votes of African Americans in 2000. That's a true example of deception, not what the DNC is doing now.

• Members

Well let me look at it this way...Obama should have thought of every scenario possible when they stripped Florida and Michigan of delegates. He could have said to himself that there was a possibility that the delegates would count so do indeed put your name on the ballot in both states and see if you could campaign there. He chose not to do that so it is his loss.

Archived