AMC: Congratulations Hannah...you are the WORST character

• Members

She has got to be the worst character to come out of last year and is completely pointless. She has had absolutely no direction and I dont think the writers have known what to do with her. One minute she's a strong mature woman, the next she's a weak, depressed mess, then she's a vengeful bitch and then she's a psychotic nut. Since she's been here, she's been obsessed with wanting Zach's kid, sleeping with Josh, plotting revenge with Adam, depressed over losing Ethan, making friendly with Kendall, sleeping with Tad, attacking Kendall, getting angry at Tad, lusting after Zach, trying to kill Kendall, etc... She is all over the place. and I have no read on the character. She doesnt have any strong ties to the show and I dont know why she even stayed on after it was revealed that she wasnt pregnant with Zach's kid. Once that was revealed, it sealed her fate and any purpose she could have had. She could have had potential, but they had no clue how to write her which resulted in them changing her character up literally almost every time we saw her. I say good riddance and the day she finally leaves PV will be the best thing ever for her and us.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Actually, BE&JHB are the worst characters... it's shocking what they're doing to AMC. What's the point of keeping the people who doomed so many soaps? We need to save AMC. And yes, Hannah was totally ruined from the beginning to the end. It's shame when such a talented actress ends up playing a characters like this.

• Members

They said they loved Stacy but it was obvious they didn't know what to do with Hannah. Stacy was a casualty of all the returns coming, she had to be making some serious coin

I don't know why they kept Hannah around after it was revealed she and Zach did NOT have sex. They should have just brought her back to wrap that up and then leave.

• Members

sam had a lot of story - shes just a horrid awful terrible character. i agree about hannah, there was no reason to keep her around after the zach thing, pointless. I personally wouldnt call her the worst char of 07 tho (hello meg & carly on atwt; ava on gl; jana on yr...). however i would def call her the most pointless. i just found many worse char's than her.

but again, the actress is great and i hope she lands a good soapy role asap!

but thats JMO.

• Members

Of course Sam McWhore had a story because Frons loves to pimp and prop her like she is the next Mother Teresa. She boinks Jason and then fights with Liz, even insulting her right around Emily dying yet refuses to give her some time to grieve for crying out loud. Then she shacks up with another man (how many men are falling for this idiot? Jax, Sonny, Jason, Ric, Lucky and let's not forget the men she boinked in her days as a paid HO...she even slept with two of the above within 24 hours without taking a shower. Talk about a downlo skank) who just happens to be the husband of her enemy and both of them look like pathetic losers together...I say LuSam deserve each other. Both are disgusting, hypocritical, stupid, pointless, and irritating.

Sam has been utter trash since day one and has had her character rewritten so many times, along with other characters being rewritten, just to prop her up. Fans don't like her at first so what does Guza do? Give her a brother who she looks after. They hate her with Jax? Put her with Sonny and see what happens. That does not work so what next? Kill her baby so she has another woe is me tale to spin in her long line of spins. What's next? Pair her with Jason, a man who she said she has never felt like this before (she said that with everybody she was with...what did she not feel anything for anybody? HA!). Oh and let's not forget all the times she has come to play HIGH HO Hero as if she is so much better than the Port Charles Police. During the whole baby Jake thing, Liz was doing the right thing by not telling Lucky about Jason being the father only so it would not upset him...I liken this to the whole thing about Michael's paternity and Robin betraying Jason by telling him he was not Mikey's father. The same now goes for Sam and what not. But back to Sam propping...they kill her baby off so what is the next thing to do to pimp good ole Spam McCallgirl? Have her steal Bridget's baby (and I consider it stealing what she did)....once she loses that baby, she sets her sights on Sonny's children but yet nobody asks her to babysit them. I guess since she has no other purpose in life that they have to give her something to do so why not babysit Michael, Morgan, and Kristina? You also have to love how pathetic she gets when snooping outside people's windows. Seriously get a life Sam and that starts with getting a job. I just love that she thinks she can be a lawyer. HA! Can she read? I do not think she can. Then she claims that she could not be with Jason because of his lifestyle..BALONEY! She toughed it out for a long time over the business he is in and stuck with him and assured the guy she would be with him despite having to dodge bullets. I say we should get lucky one of these days and a bullet hits Sam's head and she finally dies and bites the dust.

But on to Hannah....the character had potential but these writers screwed it up. I like that she is going out with a bang but hate what she does to Sean.

• Members

ROTFLMAO! When I saw Hannah being congratulated as the worst character of 2007, I immediately thought that honor went to General Hospital's Sperm McCallgirl Sam McCall -- then I saw who the OP was and decided not to go there since Cheap did say AMC in the title. ;)

Hannah, as are many other characters on this show, is indeed all over the place, but by far isn't the WORST character of 2007. I think Hova Ava Benton wins that prestigious award. It also doesn't help that this show has no idea what a supermodel is. They had 4'8" Erica Kane be a supermodel in the 1980s and then has Brickhouse Benton as a supermodel today. :rolleyes: I just don't see the appeal. I mean, it's great that JHC wanted to give Levin something a little more mainstream to do instead of confining her to the limited role of autistic Lily, but yuck! This slutty whore turned Lindsay Spears, Britney Lohan, Paris Ritchie wannabe? So not flattering.

• Members

^^Well thankfully we've only seen Ava Benton about 4 times in the last 2-3 months ;)

Hannah had such potential. She was a strong, mature businesswoman that could hold her own to Adam Chandler.

I believe they knew what they wanted to do with her - they could see the potential - but the combination of being too lazy and Zendall fans protesting ruined the writing and direction for Hannah. Zendall fans are loud with ABCD - and they were not going to like Hannah no matter what if she was involved with Zendall. They tried her with Tad, but he was already involved with Krystal/Jenny storyline. For some reason Josh is never seen anymore, and he has strong family ties to Kendall/Zach/Ian. So they got lazy, weren't really sure what they wanted to do with her, and didn't want to piss their biggest fanbase off. So let her go, give her money to the big returns, and continue their lazy streak by writing her psycho bitch a la Leslie Coulson.

• Members

Well, I don't know if I would call her the worst character of 07, but she def wasn't great. Before I go on, I want to say that Stacey Haiduk is a great actress and an asset to AMC, but the writing for her character has just been awful.

First of all, she's barely been on since she came back a few months ago and Hannah has been given these random stories that don't really go anywhere or go together. First there was whether or not she slept with Zach, then there was her working with Adam to get Chandler back from Zach, then there was a possible relationship with Tad, and now we have her trying to kill Kendall!!! I think we all knew that Hannah was a little obsessed with Zach, but her attempt at killing Kendall is such a radical change for this character that just doesn't add up. It's like she changed overnight or something! Well, that's B&E for ya! :wacko:

• Members

Always, look what you made me do: *rolls eyes* ... Sorry, but if the show cared about any fanbases opinions the ratings wouldn't suck like they do now and some set of fans would be happy. Do the Z/K fans seem happy? I don't think so - oh they're eating up the Greenlee redemption, and the never-ending dark cloud, and the K/A sex - yummy (2006 wasn't a cake-walk either). Everything they dreamed of, ABC is so scurred.

When a character is put in as a romantic threat, ANY fanbase will bitch and moan about it - it's been true since the beginning of soap-kind. I'm sure there were Tad and Dixie fans who bitched about Liza, Brooke, David, etc... Brooke/Edmund, Hayley/Brian, Adam/Brooke, David/Erica fans who kind of curled the lip at the Tad/Dixie machine, and Greenlee and Leo fans who bitched about Laura, etc...

I know as a Z/K fan I actually would have preferred Ian to not have been born due to Greenlee's actions and instead would have liked a well-done (and not sudden-garbage) Hannah crazy (think Sheila Carter) story centering around his late 2007 birth. So, so much for "no matter what."

And there was nothing wrong with Hannah in the Adam/Tad/Krystal story which could have also led back into more wide-spread business story. The sudden ouster screamed of just quickly freeing up money for returns (and probably due to a lower budget due not just to NotRealGreenlee but awful story-telling) through the letting go of another character that hadn't catched on.

I personally didn't think SH was the second coming of anything, she didn't thrill me in any story they put her in. I do wish that that this firing would mean somebody like Julia Barr - or Vincent - back (I think both would be fantastic in the T/K/A mix and elsewhere) instead of whatever the heck it did/will mean which is probably just RB, DW, DM back - with the same sucky story telling continuing in all likliehood, sigh.

It's no fanbases fault that Carruthers, B&E and Frons suck at their jobs and are letting everybody down with the crap they're spinning.

• Members

ITA. Hannah had potential but because she was a threat to Zendall she went downhill and was ruined which is a shame. Thorsten said he liked working with her which would have been fun to see more of if the writers had written her the way she should have been written.

Archived