ATWT Wednesday, January 2

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

OMG...first of all, sten, your avatar kicks ASS!!! It's kind of funny seeing old-school Carly pics.

Second...kind of "blah" eppy. I'm peeved Barb's "story" kicks off by skipping over the doc giving her the bad news. Sigh...looks like Babs will spend more time begging Will's forgiveness than dealing with her illness.

I flove Scotty Bryce (and I thought he looked hawt, especially in the dream sequence) but Craig's meltdown was lame. And I was so NOT feeling the montage-y thread between Hallie's baptism/Craig's situation/Babs' scenes.

*shakes head* I still can't believe with ALL of Will's relatives, only Paul showed up. Not to mention lamely writing Carly out of the day. Though actually giving her an excuse was a family-friendly moment for ATWT. Maybe the scabs are already working? LOL.

• Members

^Thanks. I think I'm going to revisit some of the Oakdale characters past and present selves for a while.

I really hope the cancer plot is worth CZP's time, because no matter how stellar she performs or how much she adds personal input to the writing, it CAN be screwed up royally. If it's a secret, fine. But we won't get the emotional follow through tomorrow and a big Friday reveal to her family. No reflection on how fragile life is with uncle Bob in the hospital too.

Carly gets an excuse for missing a christening, but Bob is in a coma with no mention of his daughters!

I smell an end to the Montgomery baby drama, and it could not happen soon enough. I'd rather see Craig propping Katie than stuck in The Quad any longer. It's time to see what Chris is up to, so that we understand his flinching each time his youth is spoken of in relation to his job. We could at least see Evan and Craig dodging Lucinda's interference from time to time...it would happen in MY Oakdale.

• Members

Wow, I could not disagree more. I LOVED every moment of today's show. The directing was perfect, and there was a wide variety of storylines, with something for everyone. I usually don't care for Sophie, but when she walked into that church, you could cut the tension with a knife. The best moment was the christening montage...whoever directed today's show did a fabulous job.

• Members

That's exactly what I'm afraid of. Look at how little the entire Ryan clan has been involved in Bob's illness. This had so better not be a three week misdiagonsis type of story. I'm still disappointed in how little the Ryan clan dealt with Jen's and Hal's deaths.

I'm peeved Kim couldn't be let out of her story bubble today. Hallie Jennifer is named for her sister! (Jen was her namesake as well...)

I'm so hoping Hell Quad will soon end. Craig deserves better. With our writers though, I'm almost expecting Craig to forever be entwined with Meg/Paul, much as Katie-ums seems to be ruthlessly shackled to CarJack.

I thought the Chris scene with Sophie was totally weirdly random. If this were old-school Oakdale, Chris would have realized that his cousin Will's new baby was also named Hallie. (It's not that common a name...)

I want to like Sophie...but by the time Gwen and Will blithely asked Ali and Aaron to be godparents (because they'd be "so" instrumental in "protecting" Hallie...*rme*) I had totally checked out of the lame baptism scene. (Or, I guess I was flashing back to a really, really similar scene when Carly rushed off to have Rory/Billy/JD baptized and Gwen burst in at the last minute and threw a hissy fit.) I did see a flash of the old Rosanna, when she got all bitchy and icily asked Sophie "who" she was.

:wave: Hey Ron!

• Members

I'm always interested in how different people's perspectives are. At another soap site I just visited, virtually everyone loved today's show and was singing its praises. Then, you come here and it's just a downer.

• Members

I was most looking forward to Barbara's storyline. But it fell flat today. The scenes with the doctor could have been done so much better. She should have come in and said something wasnt right. It was just way too quick. She had her checkup. When? New Years Eve?? I hate when a story has a great possiblitiy to be good and it is rushed.

Will/Gwen baby story is beyond boring without Barbara in it. That is what made the storyline even watchable.

• Members

Not every site has visitors in the habit of being critical about what they're viewing. Highs and lows are one thing, but a lack of nuance is pretty glaring to me. These days ATWT can't do something poignant like the christening without going into total camp, as Craig's wigging out demonstrated.

• Members

What's to be "down" about? Good grief....it's not like I said it was a horrible, worthless episode. It just seemed flat. Had CZP been unleashed once her diagnosis was revealed; had the baptism truly been a family event instead of an excuse to try and ignite some Aaron/Ali chemistry; or had Craig's sudden need to get drunk not come out of nowhere, I assure you I would have felt differently. I hate plot driven crap, and will not wave my pom-poms in the air just to see how pretty they are. I too spent lots of Hogan's craptastic tenure peeing in people's cornflakes, rolling my eyes at the campy, hastily ended flaming failures and bemoaning that Hunt Block was allowed to reduce Craig into a walking, chomping, one-liner machine.

Positives for today...

1. Barb's speech at the end

2. Ali looked nice, and dressed appropriately for church (her hoochie wardrobe in the beginning was painful...)

3. Sophie actually got counsel from an objective outsider--a rarity in Oakdale.

4. the "family tradition" of the christening gown was nice (even if I doubt Parker and Sage wore the same gown, I believe the Snyder christening gown was borrowed from Emma for Sage.)

5. the Hell Quad didn't seem like it was repeating their endless looping dialogue. Forward progress in this story should be celebrated.

• Members

Yup....Nuke again. :lol: I wanted some Hughes avatar or siggy but cant find any good pics of them. Nuke really arent making me happy lately. They have been downsized. It's hard for fans to invest in them when they arent on that much. Then the writing for them has been mediocre at best. I noticed that the Katie/Jack/Carly/Brad, The Hughes drama....thank u more Hughes and the boring quad have gotten better ratings than Nuke has. It tells me fans are getting bored of Nuke. And I dont blame them. I hear rumors about them. But not sure what is fake and what is true.

Archived