Victoria Rowell's TVGuide Canada Interview

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm glad that at least one person associated with daytime can talk about the lack of diversity. I don't watch OLTL but I heard that they have several established African American and Latino characters. Daytime (and tv overall for that matter) need to realize that simply having underrepresented characters in the background or not at all, isn't going to cut it. But I guess you would have to change who is in control at the top to see that happen because it certainly isn't happing now.

• Members

People may say what they want, but working climate at Y&R is freezing cold...

I'm not just talking about THE DEVIL© but also the grouping of the cast. Read between the lines in Rowell's interview; I suppose that Slezak hint was also a criticism on the likes of Michelle Stafford and Jeanne Cooper for entering the LEAD ballott when they were sh*tty supporting at best.

And so much word to many of her comments. She really talks about the big picture; re: Y&R's audience and so on. Still think La Rowell has a HUGE ego but she has enough class to dress her comments into positives or "I won't comment about sth. I don't follow"-etc.

Archived