DAYS tried to steal Kyle Lowder from B&B!

• Members

In the new SOD it mentions that DAYS tried to steal Kyle Lower away from B&B, but Lowder turned them down. Would've been great to have Brady return with Chloe, but I *LOVE* Lowder as Rick and LOVE Rick and Ashley. As long as they keep him away from Phoebe I'll be pleased.

So how do DAYS fans feel? Are you glad he turned them down or do you wish he had returned?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Never liked Kyle as an actor so I'm glad he's not returning to DAYS. Whenever I think of Lowder, I just picture him singing (popstar Rick and showtunes Brady). I can't take him seriously.

Ed Scott and Marnie Saitta will hire a better actor to play Brady.

• Members

Well, of course he turned them down. Who in their right mind would leave B&B right now? lol

Very interesting news, I had no idea. Thanks for posting. To be honest, I really, really liked Justin Torkildsen as Rick, so I am bound to have a LITTLE bit of resentment for Lowder, but I do think that he is a good actor and I also love him with Ashley. I just hope they get together and that they are given something interesting to do.

• Members

QUOTE (Chris B @ Dec 12 2007, 12:14 AM)
In the new SOD it mentions that DAYS tried to steal Kyle Lower away from B&B, but Lowder turned them down. Would've been great to have Brady return with Chloe, but I *LOVE* Lowder as Rick and LOVE Rick and Ashley. As long as they keep him away from Phoebe I'll be pleased.

So how do DAYS fans feel? Are you glad he turned them down or do you wish he had returned?

Not a real Lowder fan though one achievement he did make was outnumber Austin Peck for scenes in which a character doesn't wear a shirt.

• Members

I don't understand how Days could try to steal an actor that's under contract with another soap. They wouldn't have any idea when his cycle is up and what the outs are in his contract. Of course the could always offer to buy-out his contract, but Lowder isn't worth that much of a hassle.

Lowder is a piss-poor actor, I wish Justin Torkildsen was still Rick...

• Members

QUOTE (Chris B @ Dec 11 2007, 10:14 PM)

Very glad that he's not coming back, but doesn't he have a contract with B&B? It's not as if Kyle can just tell Bradley Bell, I want to go back to DAYS, and he would just be nice enough to let him out of his contract!

Anyway, its interesting that once Nadia left for good last time, DAYS had no use for him. He never came across to me as John's son, and just don't buy him as a romantic lead. I see him in musicals though lol

Would be great to have Brady back; I see someone with dark hair, in his mid to late twenties, who can have hate sex with his step sister Sami!!!!! lol

• Members

Sadly, I kind of liked some of that. I liked alot of early Broe and it was different. It just got old fast.

I am sure that was for John's funeral and not a long-term thing since the Chloe return was in the works since August and it was always rumored she would return for a story with Philip so I think they always knew Brady wouldn't be returning long-term. Maybe Days tried to cash in on the other half of the Koslow deal that they never used to get Mascolo.

If he ever returns, I hope it's with a strong actor. I didn't mind his looks so much. He wasn't a bad actor all the time. His emotional scenes sucked though IMO. I also doubt Ari would return as Nicole if he ever returned. It would be awkward, most likely. I don't think he's that great on B&B either but I'm glad he isn't returning in any capacity.

• Members

Thank God Kyle Lowder stayed on B&B, and why in the hell would DAYS try to steal him from B&B anyhow. Lowder was one of the worst actors to ever grace DAYS. He also was poorly miscast. He doesn't look anything like the son of John & Isabella should. I do look for Brady Black to return to Salem in the first 3 months of 2008. I sure hope that a much stronger actor with dark brown or black hair is cast in the role. GH's Dominic Rains(Dr. Leo Julian) would be good in the role maybe, as would Chris Beetem(ex-Jordan, ATWT, ex-Tate, OLTL, although his real age is too old, he does look younger).

• Members

As Tim suggested I also wondered if they tried to use the Koslow/Mascolo thing.

But meh, I couldn't care either way. Sometimes I enjoyed Brady a bit and saw potential in him, but mostly he was always "blah" for me. If he comes back lets hope he has a strong actor and good story, if he doesn't thats fine.

And quite frankly I don't think we need anymore men(hell maybe not women either depending on how Chloe turns out in the future) in the Shawn/Belle/Philip/Chloe age range.

Archived