DAYS: SOD Spoilers

• Members

DAYS Drake Watch Continues

The rumor that Drake Hogestryn is returning to DAYS as John Black is about to gain a whole lot of momentum, judging by a story point in this week's on air shows.

Dr. Rolf, wearing bloody scrubs, tells Stefano that the "patient" will recover soon. Stefano says he'll need the "patient" to fight someone he refers to as his nemesis. Could the DiMeras have had John the whole time? It's certainly possible: He was buried awfully quickly - the morning after he dies on the hospital and the casket was never opened, fueling speculation that Salem's No. 1 hero is not really, most sincerely gone.

The buzz are the studio is quiet for now. "Drake's name hasn't appeared on any scripts and he is not scheduled to be at the set anytime soon," says a source. But they might be keeping quiet so work doesn't leak out."

The actor, whose current contract with the show expires this month, was recently in Australia on a publicity appearance with Exec Prod. Ken Corday and co-stars Deidre Hall (Marlena) and Thaao Penghlis (Tony). "Why would they send him to Australia if they weren't going to bring him back?" points another setsider. "it wouldn't make sense. Plus, Ken was there. If he had really fired Drake, wouldn't that had been awkward?"

Though Hogestyn insisted in October that John Black "met his maker" on DAYS coming back from the dead is just another day in Salem.

Spoilers

Lucas agrees to conspire with Kate.

Stefano warns EJ to get control of Sami.

Kate confronts Roman about Marlena

Bo warns Hope that his patience with Belle is wearing thin.

On Friday, December 7, Roman arrests Marlena for EJ's shooting.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Even if they wanted to, the damn fanbases won't let them.

They need to do what it takes to save the show and this may have been the plan all along or it may not have.

The show will never get any critical recognition so it may as well go for broke and try to get the ratings back. The fanbases don't care about quality. They care about supercouples and happy couples and their faves. It's sad but that is what has happened to the viewing climate of this genre.

This could also very well be Andre too.

• Members

John Black is dead...

And Drake is coming back.

And, if he has learned how to keep the eyebrow in check, and dropped the arrogance.......I would like to have him back.

This is how Days did back in the day. And Stefano is up to his old tricks again. In fact...

This sounds like what he did to Roman after he shot him on that cliff.

• Members

AMC,

We see this differently.

Fanbases are listened to way too much by execs who don't know these shows. They need to hire good writers who can write good stories and if the fanbases don't like certain stuff....

Oh damn well.

I had read your post wrong, and for that I'm sorry. My bad.

But, even though I want him back, I do see your point.

• Members

Oh, I agree. However, they are a huge reason why Days has fallen apart over the years. Corday always caves, even if he has a good story in front of him and the result is watered down stories and a watered down show. The good thing about Days under Ed Scott so far is that risks have been taken and he seems to like stories that don't seem to lean in a certain direction, like Shawn/Belle/Philip. He is determined to make sure good story is put on air and not one that will only please the fanbases. It's what I like about him.

Your right. As far as other soaps go, they aren't the main reason for all that is wrong but, in Days' case, it's one of the biggest reasons why the show has been in so much trouble over the years. As long as they logically explain how this happened, I am for it. Drake must also bring it acting-wise and there must be a good story behind this. Otherwise, I don't support it. I was down on Drake and I would rather not erase all the drama and great moments John's death created but the show needs to do what it takes to survive. I think if he does come back it was not a rewrite but the way the show was going to go all along.

• Members

So Marlena gets a killer storyline where she's going psycho bitch and John's not even dead? Does that mean the Marlena's in jail and John has to break her out and take her off to some far away land is coming next? I'm sure that would be as exciting as it was however many times they've done it in the past. But if the strike it still going, they can just pull out the old scripts and change the names. pfffftttt!! :angry:

• Members

The strength of the story with Marlena's current instability and drive for vengeance is that John is dead. While I agree killing him in the way they did may not have been perfectly executed, it's done and this stuff with the vengeful Marlena is all I care about. I don't want him back.

That's a convenient turn of phrase, if you remember that John's maker is Stefano DiMera.

• Members

If John is alive and well somewhere, I will have lost all respect for the writers that I gained during the terrific death/funeral episodes.

I will be beyond pissed. Not because I'm not a John/Drake fan, but because if he didn't really die, the show simply played with viewers hearts and emotions for nothing. That is something that is beyond the realm of too far.

• Members

Maybe we'll get another John Black. Stefano suspects that Marlena had something to do with EJ's shooting. What better way to get back at her than create another John Black (like he did with Andre looking like Tony). This way, John Black could actually be dead (or hidden away on some island to be discovered years from now). It wouldn't take away from the emotions of John's death and funeral...just add another element to it. Maybe at some point, John Black will have to go to the hospital for x-rays and they'll discover he has two kidneys. Then Marlena will realize he's not her John Black. :lol:

Archived