DAYS: SOD Spoilers

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Why is it so hard to think that John might NOT be dead?

Yeah, the writers might've played with the emotions of the viewers and the actors themselves.

BUT IT'S BEEN DONE BEFORE!!!!

Soaps are NOTORIOUS for bringing back the dead. Remember the Salem Serial Killer?

• Members

Yeah its been done before, and reality was stretched farther than Stretch Armstrong. The SSK was an utter disaster because TIIC didn't have the balls to go through with characters actually dying.

If soaps want to resemble real life in any way, shape or form, they have to be logical in storytelling. Everyone dies eventually. Some sooner than others. John died before our eyes, with his loving wife cradling him. With his loved ones SURROUNDING HIM. How in God's name will they explain his miraculous resurrection?

If they bring him back in a few months with a lousy "Dimera staged a death" excuse, one thats beyond tired and worn, it will undo all of the critical turnaround that the show has gotten as of late.

Pandering to certain fanbases has got to stop, especially when it destroys the integrity of the show.

• Members

Here's what I think:

First of all, this "Is He or Isn't He?" saga has to end. The sooner, the better.

Second, it's possible - just possible - John is alive after all, and that Marlena knows he is alive, because she was in on his "death," and this is all part of a plot to wage war against the DiMeras.

Third, it's also possible "RealRoman" is still alive and under Stefano's watchful eye, and that "ChrisRoman" is yet one more impostor (who just happens to look like Chris Kositchek).

And fourth, because this is DAYS, I'm not wasting too much brain-power on this, lest I want to go completely insane.

• Members

How many times have I sit back in my chair while watching Days and thought "I could've come up with a better idea than that!" The last twenty years I've done it over and over, especially when the "Dead" ended up alive on a deserted island called "Melaswen". Now That was pathetic writing and directing.

So we shouldn't overthink it, cause we may get disappointed in what we get out of this mess. We do have Ed Scott and Hogan Sheffer now, so it may be more watchable. BUT, folks this is "Days", and no one, especially a character in a supercouple, stays dead for long.

What would I like? I want it to be Wayne's Roman. I would like to think that he has never come back since he fell of the cliff in 1984. If anyone watched the show back then, they would know that Marlena would have never left the REAL Roman Brady. On top of that, when Wayne came back in 1991, his character wasn't written like the real Roman Brady. Roman died , IMO, when he fell off the cliff, and I've always wanted him back. Saying that Roman hasn't really been in town for over twenty years wouldn't be a stretch thanks to awful writing. It would almost make since to long time fans, even if it threw new ones.

Thay went that far with Tony, but I don't know about this one.

Is John Alive....Maybe. Is John Important to the show? Yes, but not as important as I use to think he is. Drake isn't the glue that holds Days together. He like the mayo you spread on a sandwich. It's a great condiment, and adds plenty of flavor, but he isn't all that healthy for a show trying to regain critical acclaim.

So bring on Roman, and leave John dead. Now that I've said it, it will never happen like this...

Archived