AMC: Wendesday

• Members

I definitely agree with a lot of the things that you are saying, I don't like Greenlee and think that she is taking up a significant amount of airtime. However, so are the Slaters and the Laverys. This show centers around these five people way too much and has centered around Zendall and Ryan for a very long time. I used to really love Zendall as a couple, but I am so tired of seeing them every single day, they are on way too much, and a lot of the major storylines are almost always centered around them, or involve them somehow. Ryannie hasn't been a couple as long, but they also receive too much airtime as well. It's like the writers took one couple that's popular and that works, and decided to put them on all the time, instead of taking the time to write for the other characters and give them storylines and relationships that work as well.

Ryannie is a couple, that I think that Frons wants to work, I'm not sure how popular they are but they are not interesting IMO. All they have really done since they have been together is spend time with Zendall and their kids, write fairytales and go on honeymoons, now that Richie is in town, they are playing dangerous games with him, and they have done some pretty horrible things to him.

The writers really need to start writing for the other characters, on this show, I think that there are so many talented actors in this cast, but very few of them are able to display that talent that much, because the writers ignore them so that they can give more airtime and storylines to the Slaters and the Laverys. All of these characters need to be backburned IMO. I think that they should be backburned after the storylines with Zach and Greenlee in the bomb shelter and the Ryannie/Richie storyline is over with. I want this to happen but unfortunately I don't think that it will.

I think that after these two storylines are over, these couples might not have some sort of obstacle for a little while, but after that the writers are going to be back to doing what they normally do which is creating angst, angst, and more angst for Zendall just to give them a storyline, and they will find a way to give Ryannie and probably Greenlee a storyline. Almost everyone else will be ignored, or probably used very little to support these couples storylines. The writers need to start writing for the other characters, because a soap shouldn't be focused on five people, it's a mistake that is pulling the show down. JMO.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Just because people like Greenlee doesn't mean we are being trained by Frons. We can form our OWN opinions & thoughts and guess what? Not everyone is going to agree with you that Zendall are God's and that Greenlee is the Devil. I know, shocking for you that not everyone worships the almighty Zendall.

• Members

Exactly!! So it's training when we like GreenLee, but not when people like ZenDULL?? :rolleyes::o How ironic. GreenLee is the one who was sacrificed so that Kendall could be THE BEST MOTHER EVER. GreenLee's the one who was made to look evil to prop the others, but we are trained when we choose not to drink the Zendull are perfect Koolaid. Whatever! That's the most ridiculous thing I've read in a long time. I guess it's ok for Zendull to do any nasty, cruel thing they want as long as they are protecting their precious little family, but anyone else who makes a mistake should be shunned for life. Unbelievable.

• Members

Who the hell is trained?

First of all, this wasn't even about Greenlee. Another Zendall lover turned it into Greenlee just because some of us were saying, or agreeing with what we were saying, that the Slaters and Laverys are dominating the show. That's all. It has nothing to do with Greenlee. She could swing naked from a chandelier for all I care, it wasn't about her. I was just saying that B&E have done nothing but focus wholeheartedly on writing story for Slavery, that all other characters are just getting scraps and remnants of McTavish's regime, if anything. Somehow, how many times Zach and Kendall appeared in scenes together versus how many times Greenlee's been onscreen got into this conversation and sparked this ridiculous debate, when that had absolutely nothing to do with it.

It's like we're all having a conversation about quantum physics, and when someone says something somebody else doesn't like, all they can come up with is "Oh, yeah? Well, YOUR MOTHER STINKS!"

WTF?! :blink: Get the hell outta here with that nonsense and grow the hell up. :rolleyes:

It doesn't change the fact that Slavery is dominating the show, because Greenlee's storylines, no matter how many times she's on, is all about the evil, vicious, wrong she did to Slavery. So, at the end of the day, it's still All About Slavery. How many times Zach and Kendall shared scenes together notwithstanding.

• Members

My comments on Wednesday's show:

Didn't see the purpose of Celine

Ryan and Kendall scenes didn't bother me-Ryan was a somewhat good sounding board for Kendall

Loved Kendall calling Ian her good luck charm..loved Erica and Josh being there for Kendall, Spike and Ian

Loved Zach telling Greenlee he didn't care about her pain

• Members

I do agree that their is an obscene amount of focus on Ryan/Annie/Greenlee/Kendell/Zach. As to all this garbage about viewers being trained and viewers being mainpulated into liking and not liking characters. That is their job. Their entire job is to get veiwers to root for or like certaint characters so that we become invested in them and continue to watch. Their job is to mainpulate and ensnare the heart of the viewers with certaint characters and then add another dynamic on top of it to make you hate or love another character. That's the way it works. That's the entire reason for writing a television show. To get people watching by rooting, hating or loving certaint characters.

I like Ritchie. That's really all I know. I sprodically view this soap now that most of my favorite characters are no longer relevant or seen.

• Members

I was very disappointed in Wed. show. I hated the fact that Zach and Greenlee are still in that hole together. I think that has to be the dumbest story (next to having Richie hit Zach with JR's car). Celine was a huge waste of time, and I found myself wishing that she would hurry up and get off so that they could move the bomb shelter story along.

I love Zendall when they are together with their family onscreen, but I agree with the others that say the Slaters plus the Laverys together as one family unit is equal to Slavery. I wish that they would quit with the one big family crapola that TIIC are trying to sell us. I think that Zach and Kendall would be far more interesting if they stayed far away from Ryan, Annie and Greenlee. I would rather see them dealing with their own issues as opposed to Greenlee revenge. I thought that it really sucked that Zach wasn't there for Ian's homecoming. I thought that was unnecessary drama.

• Members

RSinclair, you are my new hero!!!! Bravo! Bravo!!!! I am standing up to applaud you! I am really tired of the excuses some fans are making. Zendall/Ryannie/Greenlee all share the blame in the ratings tanking. Thank you for saying what I have been thinking for so long!!

Archived