Y&R: Latham is STILL ripping off other soaps

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

There are only so many ways to write a character out temporarily for a maternity leave - coma is as good an option as kidnapping, temporary death, or trip abroad. I do feel LML is giving the coma and character expected weight with family staying near hoping for news - but it isn't the most exciting thing to watch. I don't get the feeling Victoria is currently critical enough to the average viewer (myself included) to warrant this high level of attention during a sweeps month. She has the family connections to be there, but her current romantic relationship seems excruciatingly dull, rubbing off on the character at some level (sort of like OLTL's Cole and Starr).

• Members

There are numerous other ways to write a maternity leave and most have been played out. I got the same vibe hearing about Victoria's coma after I heard that they may need to make a choice between Victoria or her baby which is the same thing that happened on AMC. This is the second time in a very short time span that she has had a very similar storyline to something in particular AMC has done which is why I can see it being a possible copy.

• Members

Notice she uses the book of McTavish, the fact that her coma was an accident and she has a baby who isn't ready to be born. Hey LML, lets add in JT barricading the door and Vicki coma talking and you got yourself an original story. :rolleyes:

Archived