GL: Question about Jeff Ryder

• Members

I actually know him because he's one of my teachers this and next semester. I remember having a conversation with him in my freshman year and he said he was involved in the creation of Beth. What other stuff has he and Pam Long were involved with on the show?

As for him as a person, he's a great guy but can be a pain at times. From what my peers told me he's much better in the TV class I'm taking next semester than the film genre class I'm taking this semester. He's actually head of my major and the screen writing major at my college.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Wow. I remember when Jeff Ryder was writing GL. There are still several characters on GL that were created during the Long/Ryder era. Beth, Reva, Alexandra, Lillian, Billy, maybe a few more recurrings.

I think when Pam Long left, Jeff Ryder was sole headwriter for a short time before leaving. Didn't he later write Dynasty in the late 80's?

I loved the Long/Ryder era of GL.

• Members

^After Pam Long left her first GL stint in 1986, Mary Ryan Munisteri, Ellen Barrett, and

Jeff Ryder were all co-head writers for a very short period that year. In late 1986, Joseph D. Manetta and Sheri Anderson were named co-head writers, but that was an extremely unsucessful writing stint, so Pam Long came back in 1987 and continued until 1990.

My favorite period of GL was the 1990-1993 era, written by Nancy Curlee, Stephen Demorest, James E. Reilly, and Lorraine Broderick. That was GL's last true 'Golden Era', the show will never be that good again.

Archived