B&B : Spectra Is Back!

• Members

I have to say that I think B&B is only beginning to ramp up into what it used to be. Kay Alden is working some serious magic over at that show.

I don't quite know how to explain it but the renewed interest in Spectra (as well as Sally finally getting a happy ending) is making me think that someone is listening as Lesley Anne Down, always an untapped resource on this show, is finally getting a meaty storyline and a solid role in the series. I can only hope that Darlene Conley's vivaciousness will continue to inspire everyone at B&B.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm excited about this too. They waited a respectable amount of time before bringing Spectra back and putting Jackie in the role of foil to the Forrester's. I think that was key in having people accept this shift back to Spectra V. Forrester. I can't wait to see Stephenie's reaction to this.

• Members

The more I think about it, the more I like this idea. It makes sense that this would happen at some point.

I am really glad the competition will be back. I can't wait to see Eric and Stephanie's reaction and to see how things evolve.

• Members

I’m torn on this one.

First: great idea to restore the gist of B&B in form of Spectra vs. Forrester. That along with the Logans as a compelling bunch (not talking about Brooke here; more Donna and Katie...) gives the show new life.

Its not that this story was done completely bad and I guess it was impossible for Brad and his fellow thespians :;): to actually totally convince me. As longtime viewer I miss Spectra and I’ll never get it back. Darlene Conley & Michael Fox are dead, Brad Bell can only be blamed for ousting Schae Harrison and Bobbie Eakes. So Jackie taking the Spectra stage and becoming the new ragtrade underdog is not too bad.

But this was way too hasty. And what direction is this story heading? Jackie and Clarke (who are SMOKING HOT together, BTW) are the only company members. Who are they kidding??? They could have at least add C.J. to the mix although this ship Spectra is in dire need of a new character with spunk to stir up the put either way.

To sum it: great idea, execution so far only so-so.

• Members

I agree that it is a very good idea to bring the Spectra and Logan stuff up front. I am loving Katie and Donna! I also agree that killing off Darla hurts (although it provided a lot of good story). But, killing off Macy less than a year after she was ressurected was ridiculous and completely unnecessary.

I also agree that it is a great idea. However, this storyline has only been going on for two episodes, so I think we gotta wait and see. I'm sure it will unravel nicely, B&B has been more that great lately. Unless Bell goes into lightening mode again and we get a fashion show and a showdown by week's end. :rolleyes: But I doubt that. Alden has managed to succesfully slow the pace down, at least enough.

• Members

I think this is a great idea because it's going back to the show's popular roots. This was why we loved watching B&B in the 90's to see these fashion wars. I wonder if this was a Kay Alden doing. Also, I think we need a psychotic villain. The last we saw was Morgan DeWitt. Bring back Sheila and let her stay!

• Members

IDA. While a psychotic villian like Morgan or Sheila would be nice, it really isnt necesary right now. B&B is in such a good spot that it doesnt need to stoop to that level at this point. The storylines are real, yet they are clicking and I dont think that kind of camp wuld fit in with the overall vibe of the show. B&B should save that for when it gets stale and it definetly will once things die down. But instead of bringing in an old character, they should just utilize Donna. I can see her turning into a psycho. She's already an evil slut and I think Stephanie can push her over the edge

• Members

Even though B&B isn't campy at the moment, in the 90's that was what made the show so much fun to watch. That was what the show was known for back then during the days of Spectra vs. Forrester. Remember when Stephanie flung a plate full of spaghetti onto Sally's head or when she pushed her over a boat, plus all of the great catfights many between Sheila and Lauren. Those were the days.

Archived