GH - Week of October 22nd Discussion

• Members

Oh wow I thought I was the only seeing this...

It must be her...she just oozes this animalistic sexual stuff. And the actor playing Nikolas (who I think sucks compared to the former and REAL Nikolas) just seems like hes staring at her body whenever he looks at her during the scenes they share together.

Tracy and Luke were cute but sometimes I miss Laura.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Seriously, though! Even when he's mad at her, it's like he wants to throw her down on the sofa -- or something. And she's often taunting him, too, in a very "Look but don't touch" way. Mind you, this is par for the course with the Cassadines. They've always flirted with their own gene pool. I recall Helena seemingly lusting after Stavros (her own son!) AND Stefan. And Stefan and Alexis ALWAYS had this "thing" between them. He even kissed her -- even after he knew she was Natasha.

I miss Laura, too. I like Luke & Tracy and all but, for me, L&L will always be magical.

• Members

so far soo enjoying sam's return.

I dont know jax just looked stupid, we all know carly wears the pants in that relationship. i hate carjax.

Robin, Spinelli & Jason were very funny.

It was nice to see Diane & Alexis take a hike in regard to LL2

but can i get a Luke & Lucky scene already?

• Members

"we all know your equel opertunity whore" = best line of the month.

anyways... I thouhgt that yesterdays eppy was great one. The Alexis/Sam scenes were well done and came off as a eal mother/daughter convo, IMO. i loved it when sam got a bit pissy and went to leave and alexis was all "im not juding you" and sam sat back down. I also loved how Jax actually tried to stand some groud with Carly. Please. This is why i love Carly tho. liked the Diane vs Alexis thing and that they used them in LnL2 but im glad they are done there. but it sets up a great fued to come in the future i hope. Robin actually had some depth today for once. that was nice to see. And the jason/robin/spin scenes were amazing! Jasons reaction. Spin "what would the fathering intale?" robin "oh no, not that". Jason cringing when Robin was talking about Spin jackin it into a cup were also great. steve Burton is bashed way to much. Hes actually a strong actor, IMO. i thought Rebeca Herbst was great today. as was Greg. I think reactions cane sometimes be harder than acting. Sam vs Carly is great. I love Sam when shes plays up the fact that shes a shameless whore. The Luc/Trc/Lulu scenes were great to watch. I love Lulu. Her talking about being nowhere special and all that and him pushing her. Tracey butting in. It was all great.l and JE, AG, & JMB act so well of eachother.

• Members

There are campaigns to have Sam & Nikolas be together. And with their upcoming scenes, I suggested they use the slogan "Nammy....they love each other to DEATH" :D

Seriously though, Kelly & Tyler have a very inappropriate chemistry. It's just like Steve & Natalia. I don't really like Natalia very much, but out of all the people she interacts with, she seems to "come alive" with Steve in a really inappropriate way. Sometimes I watch their scenes and I'm like "DUDE! THAT'S YOUR SISTER!".

I'm glad Kelly's back from her extended vacation. She's got a lot of good stuff coming up and I can't wait for it to play out. I loved the Sam/Carly scenes yesterday. I think Sam's friendship with Maxie is beginning to work out for Sam, lol. I think Sam is taking Maxie's advice and is embracing her inner slut....and bitch. I loved her teasing Carly and pissing her off the way Carly used to do to her.

Lucky's a tool. Lucky & Liz should have kept lawyers out of their divorce and custody agreements. It's only because of Alexis & Diane that things between the two of them got so nasty. Lucky still cares for Elizabeth very much, but I think he knows he's broken her trust too many times for her to ever take him back. And I think he knows he won't come first with Elizabeth. It's kinda sad to see them part, but in a way I think it's needed.

Lucky & Emily should have been together anyway.

• Members

Even though I think Lucky is a most stupid character, I don't think Elizabeth was too nice to him because she's still lying for no good reason. In some twisted way she's being nice because he was content to take her baby away from her and she is acknowledging that he should have some part in the kids' life and she isn't financially fleecing him (since that would make her look even worse). But she did make this cutesy little speech about trust and he said he'd always be her friend and she knows that she's a liar so she shouldn't even want him to trust her under those circumstances.

The whole custody nonsense was to dig up all this ugly bitterness and gear people up for thinking the truth was coming just to dangle it some more. Yesterday was nothing more than an attempt to clean up some of the mess they made by making the characters seemingly put kids over pride. Look how conniving they were. Nikolas points out again that it's the lawyers doing this and Lucky blames it on Diane because that wasn't him going along with the stupid emergency custody petiton. Emily tells Elizabeth to remember all the things Lucky has done for her (I drew a blank here because it seems that they've been painting Elizabeth as this martyr that would take on a couple of jobs, surrogacy, etc in the name of making things work as Lucky spiraled down and then got better but no less stupid). And this is veering off but Emily can't even tell her good friend to be honest since she can't bring herself to say she knows or suspects Jake is Jason's. Anyway with the wisdom bestowed upon them by Nikolas and Emily (who assure us that all they need to do is back down to restore harmony), Lucky and Elizabeth go in to arbitration and end up with Elizabeth's initial offer.

Alexis played fast and loose with the truth. She earlier told Sam that Elizabeth slept with Jason once a year and half ago (I thought it was late August) but then she said they were having an affair in arbitration which Diane corrected with the same wrong date. Second was that Lucky has been clean nearly two years (I thought it was closer to one year and I thought he even said over a year but now it's almost two years so that means Jake was in the womb a lot longer or he turned one already).

They did try to make Elizabeth look like the better person because she actually halted the madness and opened the door for Lucky to back down. So suddenly Lucky wasn't worried about the kids being around dangerous Jason and Elizabeth is apparently not worried about her kids possibly being around Sam or am I speaking to soon? Will she conveniently remember what Jason told her when she sees Sam again?

My best guess is that they thought this custody stuff would add drama to a s/l that they want to drag out further so they played this little grudge match and then cleaned it up so that Lucky and Elizabeth can make nice at the ball until the next round of drama.

There are so many things wrong with the Spinelli donor plot. It made Robin look even more pathetic and I doubt that she is done with her quest. I kind of get the feeling that she will turn out to be pregnant already. Yes, I know she took a home test and she should know but this isn't the best writing and they can still pull it off since she's probably too busy fretting over Patrick and wanting a baby to notice her health. As for Spinelli, the fact that he only agreed because he wants to prove his manhood to Lulu is what is the most pathetic. I don't know why Guza is pretending that he is giving Spinelli and Georgie a chance when he couldn't be with that over the top Lulu worship is beyond me. Unless he is going to suddenly have an epiphany about how idiotic it is then save Georgie for something better or go ahead and send her abroad.

Epiphany's scenes were absolutely ridiculous. If they want to transfer that singing Saints in the hallway thing from NS then clue people in. Having her go off on the orderly was a what??? moment and I'm sure even more of one for those who've never seen a minute of NS.

• Members

LOL, excellent!! Sam is back, ugh. It was nice without her for the last month or so. I love the way Carly told her off; awesome. Robin asking Spinelli to be a donor was hilarious. I'm glad she won't go through with it, but those were some great scenes. It's nice to see Liz/Lucky get along and not have a long custody battle. Liz deserves full custody of the boys (since they aren't actually Lucky's..Shh!!) and Lucky should see them.

The guy who played Cassius yesterday looks SO much like Vincent on OLTL!

• Members

I'm curious is there is any particular reason that you see CS/SM as the real Nikolas other than you like the acting better?

I like both of them. I remember when TC played the teenage Nikolas that he exhibited the kind of vulnerabilities that CS/SM showed in the role. I don't think of one as being more real than the other (though when it comes to Lucky I say JJ defined that role and the character that was Lucky has yet to resurface because of the writing and portrayal).

TC is probably stronger in the role though because he held his own against SN and CT (I'm blanking out here but I think Helena was played by Constance Towers). In scenes with them he seemed to be on more equal footing than CS/SM ever was. Nikolas was actually somewhat strengthened by Gia at times and then Elizabeth and even JY's brainwashed Lucky when it came to standing up to Stefan and/or Helena. TC's Nikolas could handle them on his own in terms of verbal exchanges. He is more confident in the role and seemingly more confident in his acting abilities.

It's kind of hard to put into words but there are actors that seem to learn their lines and do what they think is needed or what they are directed to do but they never go below the surface to reach the depth. They don't flesh out their characters in any way and are pretty much content because they're doing a passable job and it might not even be noticeable until they're in scenes with someone who actually reaches deeper down and delivers or is naturally gifted. SN, TG and JJ fit into that category for me. Then there's the next couple of levels. I think TC is on a level up from CS/SN maybe even two.

• Members

I've loved Tyler since he joined GH. I was disappointed when they chose to recast, but I think CS/SM did a good job while he was playing Nikolas...but he wasn't Nikolas to me. Tyler just "gets" the role and what it's supposed to be. I have never thought of Nikolas as a romantic lead. IMO, he needs to be brooding in that dark castle raging on people, lol.

This random rage story is giving Tyler something new to play out. It's giving him and outlet to perform and show people his range and I love that. I still say he's not a good crier. There's just something about the snotting and ugly face that turns me off, lol.

• Members

Because of the mention of inappropriate looks, I was checking for the Jason/Emily ones because while I have noticed Emily getting a little excited, I've never noticed Jason looking any particular way and I still didn't notice it.

I agreed with Nikolas about that not being the place for that catty stuff and as cute as they think that kind of thing is, it would have been better to have Elizabeth exhibit more self control. She's not Lucky's keeper. I'll skip over Sam's part but is her definition of family backing someone no matter what stupid thing they may be doing? Too bad they dumped her on Alexis. I thought giving her sister Kristina was a mess but this tops that.

The whole Wyndemere thing was ridiculous but it was funny at the same time because Nikolas seemed a little huffy and he's blessed with less than intuitive relatives. I hope Robin shows up next to ask him for genetic matter. Too bad they don't have her ask while he's dangling Sam.

Archived