GH - Week of October 22nd Discussion

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Okay, but how delicious was it seeing Nikolas dangle that scuzzy ho? So far, Nikolas has been getting irritated and angry with all the right people. Duh-lexis, Yucky, Emilotsateeth, Logan, Jerry, Laura Wright's Character, Spam... That's why I know he didn't kill Leticia. She doesn't fit the annoyance criteria.

• Members

I agree about the Lulu Worship. The fact that JMB phones in a lot of her performances these days and plays everything so frickin' blasé doesn't help me "get" what's so great about this bratty, selfish, Laura Wright Jr. shrew of a character.

You hit the nail on the head. When the singing started in the middle of Robin and Kelly's conversation, I thought they were going to go into a random music montage. Then they cut to Epiphany, and I was like "Huh? Epiphany sings, now?!" :unsure: And then I notice she isn't singing, and then she just goes over and chews out the orderly out of nowhere, and then they cut back to Robin and Kelly -- and I'm like "WHAT IN THE HEE HAW HELL JUST HAPPENED?!" :blink:

I watched it a couple of times and still remained confused.

• Members

The show doesn't need the version of Carly they have but okay she's been playing on a screen near you for awhile. Mini Carly is major overkill and I expect that to cost them if they keep it up. If they are after the Hannah Montana demo then GH aka Everybody Loves Lulu is not going to get them there.

I think they take these crack breaks while they're filming sometimes and definitely while they're writing which leads to some of the mess that ends up being shown. That's the only plausible explanation for them thinking that taking an odd element from NS and randomly placing it in GH was clever. And they've taken to playing that NS scene transition music as well.

I would "add a stop lying to my brother" rage on Elizabeth to complete the set. It would have been sweet if yesterday after he warned Sam that he told Elizabeth a few things about her inability to be honest but there's still time for them to have him get in a few knocks on her as well. I'd go for a twofer where he's got a grip on Emily and Elizabeth tries to intervene and he goes crazy on her before he regains his composure. Then he can ask what happened and Elizabeth can say he called her a liar and he can ask "so what's the problem?" Make that rage entertaining.

• Members

I hope RoidRageNikolas never snaps out of it. We need a character like this on the show. You know, the one that speaks the truth? Even if nobody else wants to hear it? The fact that's he threatened CujoCarly with a knife is a big added bonus.

• Members

IA. It's just too bad that they will eventually undo all of the wonderful things he says when they place the blame on whatever is the cause.

I don't know why they thought he was going to seem intimidating is beyond me. He's funny and of course, they crack me up every time I read their pats on the backs for this casting coup. I've got to hand it to Brandon Barash for keeping a straight face when he's rambling on about the dead wife. I don't know that I could keep from splitting a side on how less than menacing that looks and sounds. I'm glad they have Lulu to spell out how much danger she's in so I can understand the gravity of the situation, otherwise I'd be like so he's going to kill her--what's the problem?

• Members

You can probably find it on youtube. Someone posts episodes in I think six or seven clips/parts and the person lists who is in each clip.

I found Spinelli unusually annoying yesterday and I know it was hugely in part due to the idiotic writing. The obsession with Lulu thing is really very tired. If it's going nowhere then drop it already but I know it's going to come up yet again because this must be their main purpose for his character.

Even though I know the reason for calling Jason was to have the Jason/Robin scene and the Patrick being jealous scene, if they ever thought about writing a cohesive story just once without all the gaming they would know that they've previously written (as recently as the day before) Jason to say that he doesn't like being an absent father and wouldn't wish it on anyone. Either they're implying that Spinelli is insensitive or doesn't listen (neither are good qualities in a friend) or he's completely obtuse. A thoughtful friend would want Jason to have another baby he can't raise (although I think as written that Robin wouldn't keep him away from his child). Then having Spinelli tell the history of Jason and Robin as if he's totally in the know for the benefit of feeding Patrick's jealousy was overkill for me...especially since in the new and improved version there's no mention of how he chose Carly over Robin without flinching if I recall. I know they tried to clean that up with Jason's visit to AJ's grave site but did he ever tell Robin he was wrong since I may have missed that?

• Members

i LOVED the Carly & Lulu scenes.

i also love the friendship of jason and spin. me and my friend, who has never watched soaps and doesnt even like tv, watched GH and he was into the jason & spin friendship. it just comes off as a real friendship, IMO. and i love it when spin goes to jason for life advice.

• Members

I think Carly and Lulu were okay yesterday because they had a more progressive conversation but with Carly progress usually gets lost in subsequent scenes. The main problem with those two is that they are too siimilar to be on as much as they are. It's not a good balance for the overall show because there is nothing spectacular enough about the characters or the acting to make it welcome.

Jason and Spinelli's relationship doesn't quite fit friendship to me though I guess it's close enough. Spinelli bascially does whatever Jason tells him to do as long as it's not about Lulu and Jason really doesn't share much with him. Yesterday was a good example of why I don't quite see them as friends. Jason had already suggested that he give the donor thing some more thought and Spinelli didn't. Then despite their conversations about how Jason doesn't like not being in Jake's life, Spinelli insists that Jason bail him out by being a replacement donor.

• Members

as far as carly & Lulu go, i actually like that they are alike. I love that GH decided to play up there family ties and make them become friends. They are cousins, but more so than that they do have this friendship. I love to see non-romantic relationships on soaps because they seem so rare now. This is one that idk... i know alot of people on this board dont like it, but i find it works for both involved.

Jason & Spin, i do see as friends. I have a lot of frinds who come to me for advice and whatever but they dont listen. doesnt make them bad friends or mean we are not, it just menas they do what they want. Spin has hero worship disorder for Jason. Jason is everything Spin wants to be. Hot, g=dangerous, kinda bad, has a good heart, etc... and IMO, in scenes with Spin Jason comes off much more human. I wish they would m ake them become better friends tho, maybe. ya never know. But Jason & Spin are def better than jason & Sonny.

and is it just me or is Sonny on less now?

Archived