ATWT Thursday October 11

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

What's with the Snyder men being total hope-killers? Holden listens to Dr. Bob (Yay! it was good to see him) say "Luke has to have hope", then proceeds to put the grimmest outlook on his paralysis. It's been like 24 hours, and Luke's fitting himself for a wheelchair already. I actually get why Holden doesn't want to share things with Lily, but it's kind of jarring to hear him rag on her "turning to Craig and Dusty".

Why isn't Aaron at the hospital? Uh, it wasn't too long ago, HE was paralyzed (ironically, involving Dusty). You'd think he'd be a great motivational thing for Luke to focus on right now.

Great seeing Babs. Pfft, to the Gwen/Ali/Sophie bitching contest.

Tomorrow's previews look good.

• Members

I actually liked today's show, despite the imperfections of Lily and Holden suffering in a bubble without Emma or Lucinda at Luke's side. Bob was firm and I loved him recounting the day Alison was born later. Barbara's neurosis about her grandchild having Alison's genes was great. She's truly "half of Emily." But what's the deal with Luke? Was he actually shot in the back? I'm not getting the full picture.

• Members

I really hate this Sophie bitch. I was hoping Alison would knock her

How did Holden's other son almost die adn what did that have to do with Lily

Maddie told Noah "when she found out about her sister" Who is her sister and whats the deal with her?

• Members

Holden was referring to Ethan, the latest Lilden child, born when Martha went on maternity leave. Ethan ate some baby food contaminated with e.coli, which was made by a company Lily invested in, against everyone's advice. She was hooked on diet pills (*eyeroll, they acted like it was speed..) and didn't properly research the people she went into business with, who had a history of health code violations. Ethan and eight other children got very sick. To head off the possibility of multiple lawsuits, Craig stepped up and agreed to help WorldWide (Lucinda's company) set up a fund for the children. What Lily didn't realized when she signed some documents, was that she was selling Lucinda's shares to do it (or something...it was very murky.) That's how Craig got control of WW, and renamed it Montgomery Enterprises.

Maddie and Henry's sister Eve, was last summer's Slasher, who went on a killing rampage up at Raven Lake. I can't even tell you how many day player teens were killed by her. At least six or seven. And Eve's husband, Louis, who had raped Maddie while she lived with them in Chicago. Eve set Maddie up to take the blame, because she thought Maddie had "seduced" Louis away from her.

• Members

IMO this s/l sealed Maddie's fate. She came to JokeDale as Henry Coleman's carefree teenage butinski sister. The slasher storyline painted her into a corner with the Nuke storyline being the coup de grace. The only thing left for her now is exile.

• Members

If anything, I think being on the show at the same time as "the" Jen Landon has been a detrement to Alex. The writers have ridden Gwen to the extreme, and barely given Maddie anything to do, period. It was the same thing in the '80's when Lily was "the" teen...no other ingenue could get story to save their lives.

I just wonder if Noah coming out was rushed to accomodate Alex's firing. It seemed like we were poised for a girl/boy/boy triangle, and then suddenly, it's over.

• Members

In Marland's writing there were several young women getting stories. Meg, Frannie, Emily. But I can understand how polarizing Lily must have been, with her adoption and her love life being featured at the same time. Maddie's downfall came in the decision not to follow continuity with Casey. I bet Margo nor Tom will even mention his release from jail.

• Members

But Meg and Emily were quickly moved into more adult storylines, while Lily continued to be the teen darling at the time. There's no way characters like Pam Dixon or even Lien Hughes got the volume of story Lily did at the time.

• Members

Long story short...Casey got hooked on internet gambling and stole Will's bonds. Adam found out about it, and planted one of the bonds in Will's place to break up him and Gwen (who Adam had the major hots for.) Because Casey wouldn't narc on Adam, who left the country after attempting to rape Gwen, to not destroy Adam completely for his parents, he's in jail for framing Will for the theft, even though Adam really did it. (The bonds were recovered before Casey could cash them in or figure out how to...the kid was dumb.)

Maddie

Archived