"Essential, Historical" GH Added to SOAPnet's Sunday

• Members

"Essential, Historical" GH Added to SOAPnet's Sunday

SOAPnet's Sunday schedule revamp, effective Oct. 14, finds the One Life to Live marathon moved to noon to 5 pm/ET, where it will be followed by the General Hospital marathon. Then, from 10 pm to midnight, the cabler will offer up "Relax & Relapse," a new programming block offering up what is described as "essential, historical" GH episodes featuring "pivotal characters and key episodes." Asked to elaborate, a SOAPnet rep cites the train crash, Brenda's return, and other memorable episodes that, more likely than not, will have relevance to a current GH storyline.

The Days of our Lives marathon then follows, from midnight to 5 am.

Posted by TV Guide Staff

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh good Lord! See I could watch GH on SoapNet, but their hard-on for them is sickening! GH airs their marathon twice a weekend as it is now anyway...Saturday at midnight and then again Sunday, but I do like that OLTL is being moved up in the schedule that makes me happy! But yeah, boo for all the GH-centric cramp!

• Members

from a buisness standpoint, pimping GH out is logical. It is the #1 soap on ABC, and most likely Soapnet. Why wouldnt they?

but yeah, it is obvious they favor GH.

It would be better if they used this 2hr block as like Classic Soaps ... show 2 eppys of shows not on soapnet. something like that. old old old eppys from current soaps.

• Members

I couldn't agree more, JackPeyton. GH is ABC's #1 daytime show, and I'm pretty sure it is SOAPnet's most watched program. That equates to $$$. Can AMC or OLTL compete?

ABC/Disney has every right to favor GH over AMC & OLTL. They run a business, and to stay afloat they need to earn profits. You think The City will bring in increased revenue? Texas? If CBS had their own version of SOAPnet, you bet your last penny that Y&R would take up a lot of the schedule.

Archived