DAYS: Spoiler and speculation

• Members

So, according to spoilers, John is run down and killed. I think a dynamite story is that everyone blames the DiMeras, Marlena allows Roman to be there and comfort her, and at the end, it turns out to be Roman who did it! Just in time for may sweeps, Marlena learns Roman was responsible, that he was drunk at the time, and he ran off out of fear. Give Dee an emmy, and bring the whole John-Roman story full circle. Then, once we get rid of Taylor and send Roman off to prison and devastate the Bradys, bring Hogestyn back as a new character, the person that the pre plastic surgery John Black was made to look like. It gives Hogestyn and Hall a brand new love story to play. OK, I'm going to go subit the story to Sheffer LOL

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I like that story!!!

I'm serious. I would watch that Goldy.

And they need to utilize Marlena and get some of their over-35 viewers back if for no other

reason to stay above 2.0

LOTS of people grew up with Marlena and MOST prime time viewers know who she is when

you run a promo.

It's stupid how NBC isn't using her.

• Members

sadly it wont play out like that, Johns death will only focus on Belle and Sami and how they deal with it...Marlena will just be refrenced to making tea or hanging out with Carline and Alice also Johns death will also bring back Chloe lane and reveal she was John's true love.

• Members

Thanks, I appreciaite that. Dee clearly needs a frontburner story, and watching her mourn John's death, vow to find the man that killed the love of her life, only to allow herself to be comforted by her other love, and THEN to find out he did it. Everything comes full circle; for once, the DiMeras aren't the villians, a member of the Brady clan is; just as John took over Roman's life all of those years ago, Roman now takes Johns away. And when Marlena finally confronts Roman; the sparks fly. And after all the drama, and the potential of Dee to act her tail off; Hogestyn can come back as a mysterious new character; and Marlena gets a brand new story. I think the John Black character is just totally played out, but it doen't mean that Drake and Dee don't have chemistry, and they couldn't create something new. DAYS just needs to bring some real drama to the show; they are doing it now, but they have to keep it up. Hogan clearly doesn't like writing for the younger characters, which is why they are bombing. So give Stephanie, and Chelsea, and Jeremy, and Nick adult stories. Have John's hit and run death, bring back Chelsea's extreme guilt over killing her brother, which ironically brings Chelsea closer to Bo and Hope, makiing Billie feel worthless, and she goes back to her self destructive behavior. Have the two screw ups. Shawn and Billie have a dangerous attraction and then an affair; watch Hope confront Billie over seducing her son, and then Chelsea repulsed that her mother slept with her brother. Hook up Philip and Stephanie, have them fall in love, only for then Stephanie to learn that the one thing that is keeping her parents together (Pocket, which represents the rebirth of their relationship), is actually the son of her love interest. So much potential for extreme soapy stories, and female dominated drama, which I just know would bring the ratings up. Like, marry off Stefano and Kate, and have them live in the DiMera mansion with Sami and EJ. It could just go and on...

• Members

You know, I can't speak for the Drake and Dee fans, but I think it would ultimately be interesting to see the two in a brand new love story, with Drake playing a mysterious wealthy character, and doesn't have to play John Black, who has turned into a joke.

• Members

i dont think i would want Drake as a different character days has had brought so many past actors back to do this i just dont like the idea...i would bring in a new actor who has great chemistry with her...but i know Marlena wont have a man for a long long time...she is now ALICE HORTON of the show.

• Members

I think Maggie is the new Alice Horton of the show. She is the "mama" to everyone. Dee is the diva which Alice Horton never was. If any man comes back to comfort Marlena, it should be Wayne Northrup as anyone.

Roman Brady would never accidently kill anyone and not admit it.

• Members

Well, I think that's part of the problems with soaps these days. It's always, "So and so wouldn't do that!" Who is to say what someone would do, if they were under extreme levels of stress, were drunk, were driving, and realized they hit someone, and just panicked. I have heard too many stories of good people, who made tragic mistakes. It happens

Archived