Zwick and Herskovitz's 'Quarterlife' to air online

Toups

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yah I dont' care for their movies nearly as much but I do respect them as filmakers--Ir ead an interview where they said they thought movies dealt best with BIG subbjects and TV dealt best with domestic characters over plot and exploring that and that certainly plays out if you compare their tv work to their film work (Glory, Legends of the Fall, Last Samurai, Blood Diamond vs thirtysomething, My So Called Life, relativity, Once and Again...)

The controversy isn't really controversy. a Pilot was filmed with a different cast (I think 100% different). Many were very upset it wasn't picked up as the script eaked and I think was brilliant. ABC apparantly gambled on What About Brian instead which they felt targeted the same 20-30 something demo but while not an awful show IMHO was nowhere as good. Anyway then for a while it was going to be some sort of movie there were rumours--a low budget one, all refilmed but using ideas of the original. Now it seems it will be all new (ie we still wont' see the original pilot which I wish would leak) 36 episodes of 8 minutes each--so basically a series (I guess that's like 7 normal tv episodes?) And tied to this whole quarterlife concept.

Which normally Id' say sounds lame except I'd go ANYWHERE these men want to take me in terms of a relationshipd rama, I *loved* the pilot script and was so sad I'd never see anything from it so am thankful for even these little bites, and the trailer looks fairly decent--and I appreciate that it'll be high budget with acting and production quality mirroring what we see on TV--not what we usually get online. So I'm VERY excited.

I uploaded the script for you guys--found my online copy. A few disclaimers--it's not my copyriht obviously, it's all photo files so a bit of a pain to read but worth it, and some pages are missing but it's easy to fill int he blanks. It starts off as a fairly normal seeming and mayb even cliched 20somethign drama but by the end of the pilot script I think any fans of their previous shows will see the same magic

http://www.sendspace.com/file/awyi3w

Archived