GH: Week of September 10th

• Members

It's been said that Korte has a lot of influence. Michele Val Jean said that she wanted to write the original Girls Night Out script, but Korte gave it to Karen Harris. Apparently she chooses who writes what episode. Maurice and Vanessa Marcil even thanked her in their acceptance speeches back in 2003.

They NEED to get rid of the bulk of the piss poor dialog writers. All of this bullshit about Julie being friendly with all of her writers and blah blah blah... Who cares? AMC needs to have more mature and realistic dialog. The last thing we need to do is have corny, immature, cheeseball dialog propping up boring, unmoving storyline. All of Bugler's messy scripts, Taylor's redundant dialog and Beall's teenybopper, high school sitcom dialog... yuck!

She'd better be dead. That character and actress were dreadful.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I didn't think it was like that. Right now Lucky was trying with Elizabeth. He wanted to be closer to her. He ultimately has been trying to be a family again. He has toned down his anger and there has been a notable change in lucky the past two weeks since the blow up from the trial where Liz lied to Jason. Lucky is trying to get over it and has ulitimatley been pacified by the fact that Elizabeth no longer is seeing Jason. Since then Lucky has really been trying to put their marriage back on track.

Elizabeth is pushing Lucky away. She obviously no longer has feelings for him, and it's obvious that she doesn't even want to try. She isn't even half way faking it she is giving 20% in this relationship and it's just sad and painful to watch Lucky do all these romantic things and to watch him fall all over himself for a woman who could basically care less and would rather be by herself then try to work things out with her husband. Lucky has been doing everything to try to connect with her. While Elizabeth has been pushing Lucky away and avoiding working on anything.

Ultimately its just bad character development. Since Liz was basically begging Lucky to work on there marriage just a few weeks ago. Now that he is trying she's lost all interest. fickle. I also don't understand what Elizabeth has to forgive Lucky for? Did anyone catch that side of the conversation with Emily? Liz told Em that she has anger toward Lucky and that she has to "forgive him" for it. What the blue hell does she have to forgive him for?

Jerry is too disgusting to care about for me.

I don't get it either. Liz's entire character is being inconsistent. She doesn't want Lucky but then the next day she does. She doesn't want to kiss Lucky, she wants to kiss Jason but Lucky isn't allowed to look at Sam, Basically she doesn't want Lucky but she doesn't want anyone else to have him either. I wish she would just let Lucky go. At this point I just want this man to be free.

It wasn't just about sex. He even told Elizabeth that he wanted to be closer to her and that he wanted to be with her and be intimate with her. He wanted to connect with her and he wanted to be a family again. He wanted to be with her and I don't think that's something he should apologize for. Lucky IMO has been great ever since Liz told him that she was no longer seeing Jason anymore. Ever since then he has been trying to get past it and has been trying to be closer to Elizabeth and become a family. Sadly Elizabeth is giving him mixed signals. Lucky tried this entire week to be closer with Liz on an emotional and physical level and each time was denied by Webber the webstress of lies.

Sex is a way to be closer to someone. Ultimately Lucky didn't just want sex IMO. He wanted to make things better between them and wanted to be closer to Elizabeth and once he was denied, humilated and emasculated by his "loving" wife he went to a person who made him feel strong, understood, wanted and attracted.

• Members

Still as far as Liz knows Lucky hasn't done anything that needs "forgiving". Lucky is angry at Liz's betrayal. Yet she still seems to feel that she deserves to be angry with him. :blink:

It's my opinon, I don't need the attitude for expressing it.

• Members

Um... he blamed her for Jake's kidnapping. He blamed her for being terrorized in the park by Sam's phoney thugs. He's deliberately cruel towards her and then when she retaliates, he runs out of the room like a punk bitch... All because he's been nice for the last week doesn't mean a damn thing. When there's tension, there's tension. All because one person stops being tense all because they want sex, doesn't mean the other person automatically switch their feelings, too.

:rolleyes:

Oops. :mellow:

• Members

It seemed for a couple of weeks like the time span between their scenes was short because I got the impression that they had the same conversation several times a day and Lucky would always bolt and either run into Sam somewhere or go to her place. Last week they changed that somewhat but I still didn't get the impression that much time had elapsed. It really seems silly that in that short space of time that Lucky can claim he and Elizabeth tried because no real time or effort was shown on screen. Elizabeth at least expressed to Emily that things went off track after he hurt his back which was before Jason. Going by that she's been detached for a long period of time which means she already slept with him out of duty or possibly in an effort to reconnect.

I've read where a few try to make the fact that Elizabeth is lying about Jake justification for Lucky being angry and cheating but since he doesn't know she's lying, it simply can't be a reason. Lucky is the one that set off the whole chain of events in the first place because he was too mentally weak to resist Maxie and instead of using the fact that his wife doesn't love him anymore as reason to commit adultery again, he should man up and send Elizabeth on her way or go on his.

• Members

Exactly. We know Liz is lying about Jake's paternity, but Lucky doesn't know that. Lucky's acting like a bitch because of an affair that happened the same night Liz caught him with Maxie in their own bed. That's it. That's all. The lie isn't even a factor in Dumb Lucky's dense little brain. He's pissed because of a one night stand last year, and he's jealous.

• Members

This week was great because of three days with the Qs and Scotty. I hope this trend continues. I noticed in the end credits on friday that Stuart Damon is no longer listed as contract player he is now recurring. I hope he stays for a lomg time!

• Members

I think people are not focusing on Liz lying about the paternity but about her feelings with Jason. Lucky has asked her twice point blank if she loves him and she lied to his face. THAT lie is the main problem between them, not the paternity one. Liz is not giving 100% into her marriage and she cant bc she is in love with another man. She's frustrating the hell out of Lucky bc she says one things but does another. She says all the right things about loving him and wanting to be a family, but her heart isnt there. Lucky knows this and is aware of her feelings for Jason, but he doesnt know to the exact extent. If she was only honest about her true feelings from the getgo, alot of what is happening could have been avoided. Based on that, is it justification to cheat? No, but he sure is justified to be angry. She wont let herself get close to Lucky bc of Jason. Its completely not fair to him and she isnt doing herself any favors lying

• Members

Lucky has been trying with Liz for the past two weeks and Liz is still continuing to push him away. Liz doesn't love Lucky anymore and even when Lucky tries she denies him. Lucky's right. Liz wants Lucky to end things with her. That's the only thing that excuses her behaviour she doesn't want to be marrried to him anymore and instead of just coming out and saying that she is hiding behind excuses. Hell even Lucky and Emily can see that.

I edited my post quite a few times last night. I'll hold my tounge again today concerning your attitude.

• Members

There are people who are focusing on her lying about the paternity as justification for whatever Lucky chooses to do. As for her lying to him about being in love with Jason, isn't that logical? How many women would really admit to their husbands that they are in love with another man? For all intents and purposes, Elizabeth is supposed to be staying in the marriage because of her kids which means her needs or wants are secondary. It's unfair to Lucky because he has no idea that Jake is not his son, but if you set that aside then it's no different than real people staying in loveless marriages for the sake of their children.

It has already been shown that Lucky is mentally weak. He's jealous of Jason and yet he goes and sleeps with a woman he knows is wounded as a result of breaking up with Jason and he is sure his wife is carrying a torch for Jason. This alone makes him a first class idiot. There's no excuse for his brand of stupidity because he's going to hurt himself and end up all alone and feeling foolish. I'm glad Nikolas told him not to come crying to him. Since Lucky senses that Elizabeth has feelings for Jason then the smart thing to do would be to tell her that she might not be able to admit it to him, but he knows that she does and because he loves her and wants things to work, that he will give her space and invest in counseling or something productive. People are so down on Elizabeth that they fail to see how much sacrifice she's made to keep the farce of a relationship going.

Lucky helped her after she was raped and they shared a lot together. FF to his return from the dead and she basically gave and gave to have him choose her sister over her. FF to they get married, he gets hurt and chooses pills and Maxie over her and Cameron. Had Maxie really been pregnant then she would have been more of a priority to him. She remarried him because he said he needed her and their family to make it. etc. He uses excuses for his behavior instead of being a man and facing the consequences of how much damage was done to their relationship. From his perspective it's "oh I did this because of pills and I need you to become all better and now that I'm all better things should be the way I want them. Oh I'm mad at you that you lied and slept with Jason and I'm not sure if I can trust you so I'll run out and kiss Sam a couple of times, come home and decide that sex will make it better for me. Oooh so you don't want to sleep with me, then it's your fault that I am going to sleep with Sam."

Elizabeth is a bit of a coward for not being strong enough to believe she can raise her kids alone and setting herself and Lucky free, but on the other hand by letting him be the one to end things she can spare herself from having to hear him say that he needed her yada yada. Maybe they will come to a mutual agreement that it's dead in the water and be done.

• Members
And how many women would cheat on their husbands? My point is, he screwed up, she screwed up but the ONLY way they had a chance of making it was through pure honesty. Thats all he ever asked of her and it does his head in when she blatantly lies to his face and he feels it. She really isnt doing her marriage or kids any favors lying to their father like this.

and really what has Elizabeth sacrificed? Her fantasy life with Jason. Sorry but I dont feel bad for her. Forget Lucky. For the sake of her children, that cant happen. I dont see it as a sacrifice as much as the only choice she really has. And you know what, she doesnt even need to be with Lucky to stay away from Jason. This is her choice to stay with him. She has no one to blame but herself and no excuses to fall back on.

Actually had Maxie been pregnant, she would nto be a priority to him. When she was faking, Lucky didnt really want much to do with her. He used her for te drugs but after that was done, he pulled himself away from Maxie. He favored his child with Liz and blew Maxie off several times for her. Liz pointed it out and Maxie sure did. Maxie just wasnt on the top of his list

Wrong. JUST before Elizabeth accepted the marriage proposal, he told her that he was ready to let her go and that he was at a better place with himself. He told her not to feel responsible for him and that he was going to care for himself. He said he would always love her and be there for their kids, but he was ready to move on and finally let her do that. Lucky let her go and he was going to move on with his life. Liz is the one that came back to him begging for his forgiveness and asked him to marry her after. Lucky gave her an out and freed her. At that point there was nothing between them but the kids and they could make a clean break. She is the one that went back for him and the marriage and refused to let himmove on with his life. I think she finally saw how much she lost and never thought Lucky would give up on her. She needed to be wanted and loved which is why asked him to take her back

I hate what Guza did bc Im sure there will be more fighting. I wish they could have made a clean break and at least end as friends, but nope, not with the ugly display that both characters have displayed over the past few months. Great way to ruin this couple for a second time in a year

Archived