GH: Week of September 10th

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I LOVED, ADORED 9/13/07 of GH. If only every ep were like this. Best scene so far this summer: When the Quartermaines, Baldwins & Lulu were discussing the parternity of Logan, Monica's owning of the Quartermaine house (...my house...it's my house...I gave it to you) & the whole reference to past Quartermaines (Ned Ashton, Dawn Winthorp, Jimmy Lee Holt, Bradley Ward, Susan Moore !!!) That scene was simply an A. anothe great scene: Epiphany & Tracy at GH. "Are you bleeding? No. Is anyone suffering from respiratory problems? No." Can Jane Eliott be any better? She rocks the scenes she's in.

My only gripe was the Sam/Jerry scene when Jerry was choking her. That crossed the line. More fodder for the haters, huh?

Why did [whoever it was] fire Stuart Damon? Is someone else next? Jacklyn Zeman!? Or maybe it'll be John J. York!? My money's on Mac Scorpio.

Why isn't Mary Sue Price head writing? What's her age, anyway?

Written by

Mary Sue Price

Elizabeth Korte (does she love the mob?)

Directed by

Phideaux Xavier (don't get why people dislike him)

• Members

Which begs for a conclusion that General Hospital does not have bad dialogue writers. Certainly, there are days when lines aren't sparkling, but still - faaaar better than anything you see on other shows. Writing staff should be tight, if possible (a la Marland).

• Members

I never said you did. I'm all against Guza, someone (possibly Sinclair) said that no-one writes stunts like Guza does. Of course - he's primarily a primetime (trash soaps) writer - primetime heavily relies on plot, unlike soap operas, which are more character dramas.

I just wanted justly to note that the dialogue writing team is one of the best, if not the best. Mozart is not the greatest classical composer, if such statements can at all be made, Bach is. Why? Because Mozartian works are hit and miss, in that what he wrote in his teens is light years away from his mature works. Bach's works, on the other hand, are of equal quality and thus he wears the crown of the greatest composer ever. I think you get it why I wrote this. ;)

• Members

I've always thought that GH had excellent dialog writers. Michele Val Jean, Mary Sue Price, Tracey Thomson, Susan Wald... Karen Harris irrtates me, but even so, she's miles above AMC's Courtney Bugler, Rebecca Taylor and Amanda Beall.

GH always has dialog that sounds like actual real life people are saying these things.

• Members

Trevor needs his ass beat! I didn't think I could hate anyone more than Ric when he's being an ass, but his father takes the top prize. I hate the way he did Kate by having the ads pulled from her magazine but now drugging her is just going too far.

As a Liason fan, I HATE to say this, but LuSam are all kinds of HAWT! This coupling may actually have me tolerating Sam.

• Members

Susan Wald must be daytime's most underrated script writers. She along with Janice Ferri Esser (I think she wrote Victoria Rowell's last ep on Y&R in 2007). But on B&B, JFE aint hitting it out of the park. She truly is a Y&R writer through & through. A shame she's gone. Was JFE fired or did she quit? There's lot of love surrounding Val Jean, Mary Sue Price & Patrick Mulcahey (some call him a writing God).

I think Wald is GH's 4th highest paid script writer b/c Val Jean (1993), Harris (1995-?) & Price (1999) came before her.

Does anyone see Wald jumping to AMC or OLTL? If not her, then what about other writers on AMC/OLTL? ABC is known for rotating several writers from their 3 shows. Case in point: Beall (GH-AMC), Harris (GH-PC), Patrick (AMC-GH-AMC), Cascio (OLTL-AMC-OLTL), Rayfield (OLTL-AMC), Guza (GH-Loving-GH), Conforti (AMC-GH), Iacobuzio (GH-AMC-OLTL), Page (AMC-OLTL)

What makes a "tight writing staff"? Is it the number of writers a show has (ie. under 10)? In the 90s, the largest writing team was mostly AMC. They have upwards of 16 writers! Then when Sheffer revitalized ATWT, he had about the same amount of writers as Nixon/Broderick's old team. I LOVE large writing teams. If I had my way, all shows would have at least 14 writers, even B&B.

Korte has that much power at GH? For how long now? Is she daytime's most powerful script editor?

Do you think that Bugler, Taylor & Beall will get the boot real soon? Sadly, I don't think so. Taylor has became a lazy writer- she used to be much better. If Beall is fired (I doubt she would quit AMC), does anyone see her returning to GH?

Well, the Quartermaines have dealt with many characters over the years, especially the ones who are related to Lesley Lu Spencer.

They've struck casting gold once again with Trevor Lansing's portrayer. I love the way he taunts Sonny & their past history, but hate the way he's treating his ex-lover/friend, Kate. Can't wait for Trevor & Alexis to share more scene. Their 1st scene together was excellently executed.

August 2007 Question: Is Irina (shot by Jerry) really dead? I have a feeling that she's not.

Archived