TV Guide: Better Days Ahead

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

LOL, I just checked the production credits for Days at the Sony and NBC sites and they both have Edward Scott listed as Co-Executive Producer! I really find this funny because it took both sites like 6 months to change the head writer from JER to Hogan Sheffer.

• Members

Drake has had plenty of good material. The Brady story in 2000-2001, the JT/baby switch story in 2002, the Cassie/Rex/Tony stuff in 2002-2003, the SSK in 2003-2004, the drug addict story and story with Kate/Roman/Marlena in 2004-2005, and the Alex/amnesia story in 2005-2006 and he was wildly inconsistent throughout. He has only gotten worse as time has gone on. I still both of JER's stints messed him up because I remember he was so much better before JER arrived. He did good under JER's first run but after that run he went downhill and has only gotten worse IMO.

• Members

This is a little bit off topic but kind of pertains to the casting part of the TV Guide story--I was watching IWBASS tonight, and the scene the actors were doing was a beach scene. Hogan made a comment to one of the actors that he had to not just look good without his shirt but concentrate on his acting--"something I have some experience with". The comment combined with the disdainful look on Hogan's face made me wonder if some of our shirtless hunks of this summer may find themselves written out/replaced.

• Members

They weren't all bad. The Brady story was a re-write but gave J&M great angst. The baby switch and Gina/John stuff wasn't the best but, again, the material for him wasn't bad. The SSK story was wildly over the top yet, I guess that fits Drake's current acting style. It's his job as an actor to make the most of it and, a good deal of the time, he didn't. There have been many actors on Days that have not been given good material and they have rose above it and made something out of it.

Oh, and Days4Life, I saw that too. It made me wonder the same thing. I hope that is the case though.

• Members

I saw firsthand Ed Scott directing the actors and giving them motivation. If he didn't see an actor putting forth some emotion/presence/subtext, he'd literally run from the booth and into the studio to give the actor better direction.

From this, along with his promises of better music, lack of cheesy effects, back to emotional-based stories... I think DAYS made a fantastic decision by putting this man in charge.

• Members

Me likes what I hear. :lol:

I think Ed will be a great influence on Days... he always struck me as a take no prisoners guy with Y&R, so if he applies that same approach to Days then the show should be just fine.

Now if you break up Shelle, I'll join the "Fire Ed Scott" fan club. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Archived