The Tennis Thread

• Members

I've tried to watch but it's been a total bust this year.  It seems like so many players must have spent the time off and a lighter schedule figuring out how not to play or get injured.  I say that jokingly but...seriously.  So much drama, injuries, or whatever that I don't even care.  A friend of mine on Facebook posted about all the drama being off the court or just walkovers and injuries or showing up but then basically not being a factor...and a friend of hers replied that there had been a lot of great matches.

I wonder what tournament he's watching because I haven't seen anything even remotely interesting although I'll admit I haven't been paying a ton of attention.  But it seems like a bust...we could have probably formed a dead-pool and had more fun betting on who would be the next fly to drop.  

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Soapsuds

• Faulkner

• DramatistDreamer

• ChitHappens

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

It was too good to be true...both Novak and Nadal lose today?...

Struf... Gawd.. Couldn't close pitiful Diego.

The women matches sucked.

Btw...it was nice to see Borg win today. That's Leo Borg.

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

Musetti's fitness and gameplay went downhill after the 2nd set.

I kind of enjoyed Sakkari  dumping Kenin though.

There's not enough consideration for the fact that the world is still in a pandemic. People are still dying daily. Many countries still don't even have enough vaccine for even a small percentage of their population. It has to be a strange situation to travel to countries with various sets of protocols, putting yourself at risk hoping for the best. Not to mention the lack of people in the stands. Some players have been managing better than others. With the exception of Osaka, you won't hear many players admit that they are struggling mentally/emotionally. When I look at the muted body language of some players during matches, and compare those same players to what I remember seeing, I see some drastic contrasts in terms of confidence (some lack it, others feel a burst of it, feeling that they can seize the moment while so many fellow players are languishing). Either way, so many players are just not the same.

• Members

Yeah I saw that afterwards (I didn’t watch the match in full). He’s getting pummeled for that.

Look at Pavs making big moves at 29. Good opportunity to make the final with the semi against Zidansek.

Edited by Faulkner