• Soapsuds

• Faulkner

• DramatistDreamer

• ChitHappens

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Dramaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa..............

More tennis tonight on TC....Japan and China Open...too bad the top players aren't playing ...well Sasha, Grigor and Del Po are playing but no one else.......I see Thiem finally skipped these tournaments as he never has done well and instead played an early tourney that he won and has done well before.....I guess we won't get the big names until next week during the 1000 tourney.....

• Members

I love Naomi Osaka.  I spotted her talent before a lot of people did and I believe that if she stays healthy and motivated she will definitely go far.  In any case, she's already a big star now.  

That said, the sooner she moves on from the most unpleasant aspects of the final, the better off she'll be and the press needs to allow her to move on.

As for Tennis Channel, hopefully they don't try to stuff their WTA coverage into their overpriced TC plus package.

• Members

I’m sure it’ll come with time. Being foisted on the world stage in such a weird way can’t be easy, especially at her age. She’s gotten a lot of love and support, and her press appearances since have been well-received, but this whole situation has been somewhat traumatic in its own way. (The press is making it worse, of course, but they’ll continue down that path until Naomi wins another big tournament. OR she simply has to be forceful and say she’ll no longer respond to questions about the USO.) We don’t know what her mental health status is, and she’s stated that the months following Indian Wells were difficult for her. 

BUT anyway. She’s doing ok if her career is any indication. First WTA player in a while to back up a maiden GS title with a final in her next tournament. That’s a big deal.

Edited by Faulkner

• Members

The problem can be solved if they just put a towel at the back of the court where it won't be obtrusive to the actual match.  

Venus tosses towels, likely believing that she is saving time because she is on the slower side these days.  Half the time, she's so in her head that she is not considering where or to whom she tosses the towel.

Fernando and Djokovic have actually screamed in the ball kids' direction, frightening some. 

Nadal sends two, sometimes three kids running for more than one towel at a time on changeovers--it likely began because he sweats so profusely during the North American summer hardcourt season but has shifted to a full-blown habit, like the alignment of water bottles.

I doubt Venus has ever thrown a towel this way.

Edited by DramatistDreamer