The Tennis Thread

• Members

I just love how most of the mid players/some top ranked played this week yet lost early while Thiem is at home spending quality with his brother.

Please register in order to view this content

He finally realized playing those two tournaments was a waste of time.

Oh btw Grigor lost early again...he is another player who could drop out of the top 20 if he doesn't qualify for the year ending championship which he won last year...I believe he garnered over 1000 points in that win.

Edited by Soapsuds

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Soapsuds

• Faulkner

• DramatistDreamer

• ChitHappens

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

When I saw that Garcia won the first set, I immediately thought to myself "Garcia had better win in straights, because if it goes to a third set, Garcia will get messy and I have a hard time imagining her winning". 

I was right.

Why does she do this?  This is bad form.

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

No. 170 here we come!!!

Please register in order to view this content

Glad Sascha lost with Lendl on hand.

Kyrgios should just stop playing tennis. He looks like a damn fool on court. He was already moaning about having to play next week in the Masters tourney in China. 

And Tsitsipas reaches a high of #14 in the world with win over de Minaur. 

• Members

Daniil Medvedev is playing the tennis of his life this year, but man did Kei look out of sorts today. Eighth straight final he’s lost since winning Memphis in 2016. Four were against Djokovic or Nadal, but the other four were against beatable opponents for him.

Edited by Faulkner

• Members

Not a big Medvedev fan...use to be but glad he beat Kei. 

And Del Po loses again...what was wrong with him now? So tired of his nonsense...his best chance to win the US Open and he blew it....he ain't winning any more majors.....

Jack Sock loses again and doesn't shake the umps hand....LOL....why did he blame him? He is the one that sucked....LOLOLOL......the cliff is looming for Jack Sock....LOL....didn't lose any points since he lost first round last year too in the same tournament....but the 400 points he earned in year championship are coming off...no way he is qualifying. this year. 

• Members

DelPo was sick.  He was shivering, blowing his nose repeatedly and looked to laboring heavily to breathe, which was mostly through his mouth.

That said, Basilashvili can be a tough competitor because he doesn't beat himself, it takes work to beat him.  Definitely not someone you'd want to have to compete against if you're not 100%.

• Members

And Basilashvili was sick in the semis against Kyle Edmund. Yet, he still won. I am getting tired of DelPo and his lack of effort. Still pissed about his awful US Open performance. 

I guess he needed his Argentina yelling for him to win like they did against Thiem......ends sarcasm....

• Members

DelPo's U.S. Open performance was indeed disappointing.  That surface was made for Nolé but still, it was a major final.

It's the end of the season and pretty much everyone that has been doing decently during the season is playing crappy, if they're playing at all. 

As talented and sturdy as Basilashvili is as a player, he has not been playing high-level tennis all season so it makes sense that he'd have more left in the "tank" than DelPo at this point, cold or no cold.

Also, if I were DelPo, at this point, I wouldn't expend to much energy until London.  Do just enough to keep my game fine tuned, recover and save all my energy for the WTF, that's when it truly counts anyway.