Top Posters In This Topic

• Soapsuds

• Faulkner

• DramatistDreamer

• ChitHappens

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I caught the beginning and very end of the Federer vs. Murray match (on a bootleg feed every bit as bad as Murray's tactics today) and must say that Wawrinka now has some company. I'm not really a fan of Murray's tennis but ugh, that must've been embarrasing!

I guess the Nishikori vs. Ferrer 3 setter did not break the spell.

Maybe I'll just try to log on on Saturday and hope for the best.

• Members

Aww, you see what Federer did right there? Even though he's crushing people left and right, he still managed to make me feel like I need to be kinder.blush.png Still, if I had saved up money to purchase tickets, I might have bigger expectations for the tournament and might end up being slightly disappointed but I have heard that the doubles have lived up to expectations with tight, close matches. It's the ATP/ITF's fault for not giving 2nd class status, particularly on the Men's side.

Not to harp on that Murray/Federer match but Soapsuds, you are right to say Fed looked good tonight. I haven't seen all their matches but from what I've seen and read, Fed and Novak have been playing some pretty flawless tennis this tournament. Still, Federer made Murray look like an absolute beginner in this match.

• Members

What a pathetic YEC for the men and an even worse way to end the year. Fed, who never forfeits anything, pulled out. He knew his back was bothering him since the beginning of the 3rd in the SF. Why not either throw that match or retire so his buddy can play in the finals? A very healthy Fed would be tough to get passed Djoker, so a 65% Fed could? That was a very bad decision. Then, there is nothing for those who paid and/or waited for it on TV? Why alternates for RR and not for finals? They should have looked at the semi scores for Kei and Stand and decided from there who would play Djoker. This should have been in place from the jump! What a huge disappointment.

Also, did you guys know Fed and Stan are beefin? From what I've been hearing, Mirka [Fed's wife] yelled something before Stan was to serve. He was walking towards Fed's box and the Chair stopped him. Sports Commies are saying Stan said something to the effect "she did the same thing at Wimbledon". They also said, Fed and Stan had words in the locker room. Davis is in a few days, so I hope they can put this aside.

• Members

Yeah a very disappointing end. I hear they gave partial refunds back to the fans who had tickets. John McEnroe talked about Fed and Stan getting it on in the locker room. Everyone is trying to make it hush hush…and yes it involves Mirka. Someone who was a the match said Mirka was acting up during the match….lol

• Members

It was an apt ending to an atrocious WTF, YEC.

Some people were saying that Federer wasn't feeling back twinges until the final set tiebreak, so perhaps he didn't realize how series it was until the next morning. I've never had chronic back issues so I don't know. I'm trying to give Federer the benefit on the doubt on this one since he's only withdrawn like three times out of some 1200 matches, I'm told.

Don't know what's the deal on the Mirka issue other than rumor and one rumor was that supposedly Mirka was overheard during the match, claiming that Stan wouldn't have the guts to close out Federer in the SF. In the O2, apparently, she was siting within earshot of Stan. Did Stan and Fed face off during Wimbledon? Now I want to take a look at that match.

Supposedly the argument got so intense that the O2 people guided Fed and Stan to another more private space in the arena where their raised voices wouldn't be overheard.

Does anyone think that Davis Cup will tell us anything? Did anyone see that Davis Cup picture where everyone looks so chummy? One wonders what belies those smilles.

One other thing, why was Severin Luthi in Federer's box during the SF? I know he often pitches in with Fed's coaching but Stefan Edberg was there, so couldn't he sit in a neutral area considering that he'd have to coach both oponents for Davis Cup days later? Is he Swiss? He should know to at least give the apppearance of neutrality.

Ooh, fresh news. I'm gonna read that right now. Thanks Soapsuds!laugh.png

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...