Days: SOD Spoilers

• Members

ITA with this. 100%. I have my favorite characters, I don't lie about that. But give me a great story with any character(s) and I'm there. Balance and quality stories with a logical flow are the keys to improving Days. I have great affection for Days as a whole ensemble. I want the show to stay on the air.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I agree with almost everybody in this thread, LOL! I see all sides of this issue--DAYS' fans need to be patient and let the writers tell their stories, every viewer has the right to like who they like with no apologies, and yet at the same time the writers do need to explore a new pairing when the chemistry is obviously there. I definitely prefer EJ with Sami over Lucas, but I'm not going to let this paternity spoiler ruin the show for me. I'm going to let Hogan's story play out, and I'm sure there will be more twists and turns before we get to the end--some I will like, some I probably won't. I do admit that sometimes when I read a spoiler like this, my initial post will be my gut reaction, which may be negative and more strongly worded than it would be if I waited awhile to post. No, I don't want both babies to belong to Lucas so initially I was disappointed and unhappy. Now, a couple days later, my first reaction has worn off and I'm quite willing to let the story play out, with the hope that there will be aspects of it I like. If not....well, there have been many stories on DAYS I haven't particularly liked, but I'm still watching. HOWEVER, I do feel very, very strongly that what Euclid posted earlier is exactly right--DAYS is running out of time and would be crazy to not explore the Sami/EJ chemistry. Maybe it will fizzle out, maybe we have the makings of the next big supercouple. We won't know unless Hogan (and Corday) give it a chance.

• Members

I also agree with most of the posts in this thread. We all have our favorites but we long time viewers know patience and hope that as things play out most will be satisfied with where the stories go. Not everyone will like every story and that is ok.

• Members

I agreed with the post - except I've never been a fan of Lumi, but I digress - but this is what really caught my eye. They keep me riveted every day they're on. That's a reaction I hadn't had to DAYS in a very long while.

While I don't enjoy or see the romantic chemistry between Lumi, I know that there are people who do. As for the Lumi/Ejami debate, I for one don't have a problem with a triangle at all. It makes for good drama.

I've watched DAYS since before Sami or EJ came onto the canvas, but I will say that EJ has made me into a regular viewer again. Will I be disappointed if they don't get together? Yes. Will I stop watching? No. I will watch regularly as long as EJ is on the show, and as long as they are both on, I will always believe there's a chance the writers will go in that direction, because as others have said, anything can happen.

ICAM with this post in general but in particular with this part - I'm really interested in EJami, but the show overall has always been couples-based, and I can't ignore that fact.

Do I think that certain couples affect the ratings? I think they aren't the ENTIRE reason, but I cannot ignore that they do play a role. If there is no balance on the show, then we must go by what's onscreen and that what's there isn't keeping viewer's interest. Since DAYS is predominantly based on couples and has been for a very long time, I also believe that it's the couples at the forefront that either keep or lose viewers. So it's not shocking that Lumi and Shelle seem headed for triangles again, because being together hasn't held viewers' interest JMO.

Archived