Days: SOD Spoilers

• Members

http://boards.sonypictures.com/soaps/showthread.php?t=95359

The fact that Lucas was always in Hogan's mind as the father tells me that Corday was afraid to go against the LUMI fanbase and Hogan only made EJ the father first to start the Dimera story and please EJAMI fans for a bit. I still wonder how that explains the "test" Celeste did but whatever. I am happy.

This sounds good though and I love hearing Hogan talk because, when he talks, you know he likes what he is writing. I think Lucas may turn out to be a Dimera too and that would certainly give Kate a story that is worthy. The only thing I don't like about that is that he wouldn't be a Horton anymore and we need more Horton's. Plus, I have always wanted Sami to be a Horton so she can hang her ornament. I am excited though. I still think Sami will lose one of the babies and I still think there is a chance one of the babies could be EJ's and they are keeping it under wraps.

I was disappointed at first too because it was predictable and looked like another copout. However, this also has the potential to be an engrossing story and one of great drama for Lucas, Sami, and EJ. I can see this going the route of "Sophie's Choice." I have said all along that one of the babies would die. I also have a feeling Hogan is really trying to get Ali Sweeney consideration for an emmy based on all this material he keeps giving her and this type of story could do it for her and several others. We could also have the "Lucas is a Dimera" rumors turn out true during all this too. I am excited about this now.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I've wondered if Lucas's recent struggle will come into play with his own paternity. He's been learning to love the twins irrespective of their DNA but also made comments like "you can never trust a Dimera". It seems strange for them to play up his internal conflict over biology only to end it abrubtly with next week's scenes.

Remember Hogan's preview that there would be a "resolution" to the feud but it would be "incredibly costly" to Sami. Stefano promised to end the feud if she married EJ and raised the babies as Dimeras. Revealing that Lucas is a Dimera would be another way of meeting his conditions (she'd already be married to a Dimera and raising Dimera babies) while also being costly (devastating Lucas and endangering the twins). If Sami discovers this before anyone else, it would explain the choice she faces. This is pure speculation but I'm interested to see what the upcoming Kate/Stefano scenes are about.

I do prefer Lucas as a Horton but it's not like Alice & Maggie would disown him if this came out. This could be a great, angst-ridden story and would give Kate/Lauren something to do.

• Members

I HATE the idea of Lucas being a Dimera. This show has played around with paternity issues too many times already, plus the fact is we need all the Hortons we can get (although Lucas has pretty much been ignored as a Horton). I also think having both babies belong to Lucas is a copout and very disappointing. There was a lot of potential drama with having at least one of these babies being a Dimera AND a Brady--and turning Lucas into a Dimera in order to accomplish this would be another copout. It would be much more interesting for the babies to have different fathers and would set up a triangle with a lot of different possibilities, that could play out for years.

I'm getting tired of DAYS sacrificing good story because they are afraid of fanbases. I'm still bitter about Matt Ashford being fired when Melissa Reeves left, because there was a lot of potential story for him without Jennifer--especially with Steve returning. If Corday and company really want DAYS to succeed and live on into the future, they need to quit catering to fanbases and be willing to shake things up. Where's the drama when all the storylines are so predictable?

• Members

ICAM! I am so sick of TPTB of this show constantly catering to the Lumis and crapping all over the EJami fanbase in all of their articles (especially when EJami is the fanbase actually growing in size and enthusiasm with the largest EJami fan site actually DOUBLING in size since the Lumi wedding). It's caving to the Lumi fanbase and making EJ into a cartoonish megavillain just to prop that tired, old pair and rig the triangle in Lucas's favor with the word "rape" making at least one appearance in every DOOL script for the past six months that got the show into the mess it currently finds itself in. And now they want to rig things again for Lucas so he can have both twins? It's not enough that he's already married to Sami, too? Ugh. Simply HORRID, UNIMAGINATIVE storytelling.

I mean I guess I should be saying a big fat whatever the paternity spoiler, because I want to believe that Hogan isn't THAT stupid. Yeah he says the babies will be Lucas's but he definitely leaves the door open with the talk about this not being the final word. It's certainly a distinct possibility Hogan is just stringing us EJami fans along some more so he can screw us over yet again, but if Lucas is the father of both then this is pretty much the worst who's the daddy storyline ever in that it means they gave Sami twins for NO REASON and it means that for pretty much the first time ever on Days a true paternity in a who's the daddy storyline was resolved and known to all parties BEFORE the mother went into labor. I guess that's Hogan's idea of a big curveball for the baby. *yawn*

Also, I don't know where everyone is getting this Lucas as a DiMera crap from, but if this storyline results in Lucas being a DiMera this will honestly wind up being my least favorite storyline ever and I don't know if I can continue to watch this show. Not just because I hate Lucas and love the DiMeras, which I do, but because that means that Days totally misled ALL OF THEIR VIEWERS by not featuring Lucas one whit in any of the promotion of this storyline yet suddenly they would put him at the center of the Brady-DiMera feud resolution? It would also mean that the worthless, undeveloped character of Will Roberts is the first DiMera-Brady baby cheating viewers out of any excitement or drama that such an offspring would create. It also means that there is no big loss for Sami as Hogan promised, when pretty much everything else he outlined in the summer preview for the show has come to pass. Not to mention the fact that him being written to be a DiMera would suddenly connote in him a power and elegance and mystery and regal bearing that Lucas Roberts most certainly DOES NOT possess.

I can't tell you how much I loathe the idea of Lucas being written as a DiMera. I mean how pathetic does a character have to be that his only storylines anyone can ever come up with for him are that a new secret comes out about his slut mother every ten years so he has a new father and new paternity angst to deal with? If they need a reason for him to fall off the wagon let it be because Sami cheated on him. At least that would be something new.

• Members

Poor the Ejami fans... whine whine. It's so nice to be a huge DAYS fan and not be a huge fan of any pairing. I mean I prefer some pairings before others for sure, but still. It's nice to read all the endless crap people are writing everywere and really not care that much, just thinking how something like a tv-show can upset someone this much. Don't bother to see were it leads, keep on hating. Well, it's all weird to me to be that involved. I'm just enjoying the show like it is. There's good and bad times, that's just how it is on soaps that runs every week day all year long.

• Members

Aremid--I didn't even think of your point about Will until you mentioned it. IF they make Lucas a Dimera (and this is a big IF, because I don't know what's feuling this rumor), then we have been cheated out of a lot of drama concerning the first Dimera/Brady offspring. However, I just thought of something--they have made a point of mentioning several times that Will is with Carrie and Austin. What if Will is taken by the Dimeras and that is a set-up for some Sophie's Choice type of story for Sami? The big dilemma for her may not be just the twins, but also involve Will. Because he's been out of sight this summer, he's been out of mind (for me anyway), but he could come into play in this story--maybe with a recast, please? If Lucas is turned into a Dimera, thereby making Will a Dimera, this could definitely be a story possibility.

I'm still thinking something may happen to one or both of Sami's twins. If Lucas is the father of both, there's no reason for twins and it will just make it more difficult for Sami to find people to babysit them (because, of course, the Salem mothers spend very little time with their own children). :D

• Members

Yes, we EJami fans are complaining. But I think this points out a general weakness of Days. I had stopped watching the show during JER's last reign. The endless flashbacks, dialogue that sounded like my eight-year nephew had written it, plots that went nowhere, no payoffs, and more hocus pocus--crap. I don't discount that the man has talent, but on his last reign, I didn't see it.

I didn't start off watching Days for a couple. I started watching in the 80's. I liked the stories back then. They held my interest and seemed more important than any pairing. But then Days jumped onto the "supercouple" bandwagon: Hope and Bo, Marlena and Roman, Marlena and John, Steve and Kayla, etc. etc. I started to get bored with it. A couple is always exciting before they get together, but once they're married, I'm usually ready for them to get divorced, commit adultery or for one of them to be killed. Not very romantic of me, huh?

I started watching Days again when I heard that JER had been canned. It seemed a little better, but not really making it must see tv for me. Then I saw James Scott. Of course my first reaction was, damn, that man is hot. Then I heard his voice and I said, damn that man looks hot and sounds hot. And then, the best part of all, OMG, that man can actually ACT! Days hired an actor, someone who has more than two expressions or tone of voice. That is what got me hooked on the show again. And when I saw him in scenes with Alison Sweeney, I noticed that her level of acting seemed to rise. The possibility of seeing something good on the show finally got me excited. I'm trying to think of any other storyline that I was remotely interested in at the time. There weren't any. Not that I wasn't trying to give the other stories a chance.

What upsets me more than EJami not being considered as a viable is that I truly believe that Days has squandered the opportunity of getting some really great drama out of this storyline. EJami isn't the first storyline squandered in Days history and it won't be the last.

When I watch a soap, I want to see drama. I want to be enthralled. I want to forget for an hour about the world around me and get sucked into the show on my screen. Although Days has much improved overall, it still hasn't sold me yet. I would so love to look forward to episodes when James and Ali aren't on screen. I would love to be as into everyone else's story. But it's not happening for me yet. Until it does, they'll remain the only reason that I watch. Take that possibility away and, no, I won't sit around complaining. But I will tune out.

• Members

It would be weaker for Hogan to squander 14 years of Lumi history for Sami and her rapist. Just like JER was an idiot for squadering two years of Lumi that he built to go back to the tiresome and lame Carie/Austin/Sami/Lucas quad.

Archived