Do you think the new Head Writer will turn OLTL around?

• Members

I agree in part and I disagree in part. Frons is blamed too much some of the time. I also think, and I know you disagree Jay, that Frank does not accept enough responsibility. Frons is hands on. However, writers and EPs should have big enough balls to stand up for stories and characters they like and to object when he goes overboard. Honestly that is the EPs' job. Frank has not taken charge of that show. He has allowed Frons to take charge.

I think Frons is the reason there is too much John, and I'm hoping some of that is changing now. I think he is the reason AMC is the Ryan Lavery show. I can't even watch that anymore. LOL. I also don't think Frons gets credit for some of the things he does. And please, no one think I'm a Frons' apologist because I'm not. I think he has done real harm to some of these shows. But I also think lame writers and EPs share in the blame.

I do give Frons credit for realy trying hard to promote daytime. Look at the way he pushes daytime emmys when they are on ABC. He also does takes time off of the View to promote Fall and summer shows on ABC. He really is bigger promoter of daytime as an industry that are either of his counterparts at CBS or NBC. IN fact, I think he promotes daytime more and harder than any daytime president on any network in recent memory. He, however, is too hands on, and weak EPS like Frank don't do a good enough job standing up for what they believe these shows should be. Dena just wasn't up to the job. She had a good six months, but I give a lot of that credit to James Harmon Brown.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

How quickly we forget Troy, Shawna, Molly, Chad, Emily, Seth, Liz, JOANNA, A Year With Niki Smith, Jessica and Natalie are Twins From Two Daddies and Todd and Tea Stuck on a Tropical Island Perfectly Shaven for Six Months.

To be fair, they did give us Roxie/Max and Live Week. To be honest, I think Ron's a good fit because he's been co-head writer for a few months so chances are he won't just gut things and start over, alienating the viewers.

Archived