Do you think the new Head Writer will turn OLTL around?

• Members

I was wondering. When the new head writer start do you think he will turn OLTL around?

I think so. Many viewers will be watching the first day the show records their writing. If they can grab viewers I think that OLTLwill be able to rise, not just ratings but quality! I am hoping that OLTL will take a turn for the BEST! I also hope that with the new head writer, he can bring back some old favorites like Kevin. I am really hoping that OLTL will be great!!

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It's extremely early to say, but from the things he's said about his views on soaps and how they can be funny, touching, over the top, and exciting all at the same time I'd say we're bound to find something that sticks. :lol:

• Members

I always wonder why sometimes these discussions just don't work. I'm sorry that I don't post more, but I just don't seem to find time to write something coherent and relevant.

But I guess people are somewhat fed up with these situations and they are in the wait-and-see mode at the moment.

• Members

I'd just take a wait and see approach to Ron. Unlike B&E, he's only worked on one soap, but a soap that's been tremendously chaotic in the writing and behind the scenes department for the past 10 years.

Yes, Ron has experience with OLTL, but so did David Kreizman at GL. Look how wonderful that turned out to be.........not!

• Members

My answer would be No! The reason why is becuase there is no major storyline going on. The difference bewteen the new HW for OLTL to AMC is that B&E are coming in with a huge Storyline. The new HW for OLTL has nothing right now. This Todd crap is way to long. Andriana is boring. She needs to leave. They put Evangline in a coma which was stupid. Also Rex and Adriana has no chemisty.Also Tate is boring. Also Jessica/Nash thing is stenching out. They are boring. Everything is boring. I stopped watching OLTL like 2 years ago. The sad thing is that OLTL will be hard to rebound.

Thats my opinion

• Members

I say wait and see but doubtful. Valentini and Frons are still in the house and so far beyond some double talk that says little there is nothing to suggest much change. Killing off Asa isn't popular with me. I hate the David as a Buchanan story. I'm not interested in seeing Todd involved in a fight for the child we saw him try to kill on two separate instances. Nat at BE might have some potential if Asa or Kevin or even Cord were there but they are not. They've made a mess out of Jessica.

Ron is truly in the hot seat and gets no honeymoon he's going to have to earn it the hard way. I wish him the best but he's handicapped with Valentini and Frons and absolutely nothing to work with. Kserox10 makes some very valid points.

• Members

I wish him the best, but will he really make a difference? Frons and Valentini are still there and how many times have they both said that Viki will have storyline and it never materialized? The new writer is saying the same thing - Viki will have storyline. Even Higley said it. It never happened.

I think Carvilati will write his storylines, but his hands will be as tied as the previous headwriters.

I believe that Valentini needs to go back to being a Director, where he excelled. Let someone guide this ship.

Archived