WTF is With the Soap Central Boards?

• Members

The admins take micro managing to new heights. Benign posts wind up missing, unrelated topics get merged. I don't even think you can mention YouTube. All discussion of Colleen Zenk Pinter's recent speech impediment was squashed. That's just a sample! Is that site bought off by the networks or something? :rolleyes:

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

stenbeck212, I don't know what their problem is either! You can't seem to discuss much of anything on those boards without it being deleted. They SUCK! I once posted a hypothetical thread concerning the sexualities of two soap CHARACTERS and it was deleted! I thought I was the only one who noticed how ridiculously strict they were.

• Members

There are a list of guidelines that you signed when you joined SOC, have you ever read them, everything you are complaining about is in the guidelines.

http://boards.soapcentral.com/faq.php?faq=...uidelines_rules

Posting Youtube clips is called a copyright violation which means the person that runs the site could get fined for having copyrighted material on the site, also your complaint about Barbara's speech not be allowed is because that is talking about Actor's personal lives, how would you like it if 100 threads were started a day talking about your voice problem if you have one.

• Members

Yesterday there was an ATWT thread about why Luke would want a straight guy. I wanted to check for responses today, but nope, no more thread! :rolleyes:

1. What does posting clips have to do with mentioning the site they're on? It's 2 different things completely, and I should know because my posts were removed simply for typing the name. I didn't link to or embed a single video. :rolleyes:

2. Guess what? People are going to talk about anything that impedes an actor's performance. "Personal lives?" I'm sorry, did someone post CZP's social security number while I wasn't looking? If something like that can be so black and white, there's no need to have a discussion at all.

• Members

That new thread started as a direct response to how flustered Luke was upon seeing Maddie & Noah in bed. Someone wanted to know why he'd be acting like that over a straight guy. His behavior about Noah thus far has hinted at an attraction, and nothing is spoiled by acknowledging what we can all see. That is not the same as giving away a plot. And even if someone did throw in a spoiler...does the whole thread have to go? :rolleyes:

• Members

1. Telling people to go to Youtube is the same thing as posting it, you are still directing posters to go to a site that has illegal content on it, which means the person that runs the site could still get fined.

2. Soapcentral is a Message Board directed at discussing the soap opera's not the actors personal lives. Again have you read the guidelines of the site?

Furthermore, have you read the Soapoperanetwork guidelines, because I have a feeling starting threads like this are not allowed. http://boards.soapoperanetwork.com/index.php?act=boardrules

• Members

They are way to strict and annoying about all their rules.

With the YouTube thing anything copyrighted should be removed by YouTube since that is in their TOS.

They don't allow you to put any link in whatsoever even if you have a news item you are posting WHICH is then not giving credit to the source (proper guidelines when posting a news item is to provide a link when using the internet.

I all but stopped going there a few months ago when they were using the annoying Advertisement were a link would pop up in a post for certain words then a little box would pop up. Which I thought was a little hypocritical because they tell you that you can't post links then there way to get money for the site is to use an advertiser that goes completely against their little rules which confused their users.

• Members

Interesting. Most people can ride it out until getting a cease and desist order, with no worries. Even WoST is closing down for reasons other than copyright infringement. The networks obviously don't care about how illegal the content is - you can find a ton of it at the site which will remain nameless. If Soap Central is SOLELY dedicated to discussing soap operas, why are people discussing Spencer Grammar's new show? Isn't a new development in her career part of her personal life? Go on about whether I've read the rules with those school marm tactics if you want, but I've made my point. And other people have felt the way I do too. Message boards are a waste of time as it is. They could at least be fun.

And we haven't even gotten to the hijacked threads yet!

• Members

Plus Spencer Grammer was on ATWT for what barely a year so discussing her new little show has nothing to do with ATWT.

As I said YouTube would be soley responsible for copyrighted material. I have never heard of sites that have links by USERS getting sued. How would they track that? I've only heard of CBS getting all in a uproar and asking and then sueing YouTube to remove videos and mostly give up what users were posting this stuff. NBC uses YouTube to post clips and what not from upcoming shows so linking that is not a problem. I like that some think YouTube is completely illegal and everything on it is copyright material.

• Members

I hate SOC. They are way too strict.

One time I tried counteracting this one poster's comments about how Tammy & Jonathan shouldn't be together since cousin unions are illegal in half the states by asking, "Since when was the United States made the moral highground of the entire world?" The discussion was closed for being too political. Whatever. It seems like SOC is too afraid of having real, intellectual debates.

Archived