GL: Jonathan's Return & Book

• Members

GL hunk gets Booked

Fan Favorite Tom Pelphrey will briefly return to GL (July 31-August 2) to help goose interest in GL: Jonathan's Story, a novel coming in September from Pocket Books. Pelphrey's character Jonathan, fled Springfield last February after the death of his soul mate, Tammy. "The book is about Jonathan's life since then and whether or not he'll be able to love again," says GL head writer Dave Kreizman, who conceived the idea, then turned it over to acclaimed romance novelist Julia London. Yes, Jonathan does find a new woman in the book. But, notes Kreizman, "we also keep the Jonathan-Tammy thing going. They will have ghost sex."

http://www.glbuzz.com/board/upload/index.php?showtopic=1418

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The scary thing is...are they joking Tammy and Jon ghost sex? Little part says yes, bigger part says no!! And I'm sorry Tammy died in January barely six months ago and Jonathan has moved on with another woman? Please!!!!

OYE!!!!

• Members

:mellow:

Did I just read that Jonathan and Tammy have ghost sex?!

Oy! Where's Anna Nicole when ya need her??!!! :rolleyes:

Dumb. Dumb. Dumb.

And we're supposed to believe that Kreizman just came up with the GL book idea out of nowhere?

:blink: ................... :huh: .......

Uh, no! He saw what "Oakdale Confidential" did for ATWT, got jealous, and immediately started making calls for a GL book.

• Members

Then if that's the case, then you can say "Oakdale Confidental" was a ripoff of "Lorelai's Diary," which was a ripoff of "Robin's Diary" which was...well you get it.

And what DID "Oakdale Confidential" do for ATWT? They are still struggling not to drop in the ratings, just like every other soap.

As far as the Jonathan book, I don't really mind it too much, but the ghost-sex bit is much! I'll still probably buy copies for me and my friend.

• Members

Tammy & Jonathan ghost sex??? Haha..I'll probably cave and buy this book. THAT I gotta read to believe! :lol: A big part of me thinks that Jonathan will just simply dream of having sex with Tammy rather than actually channeling an Anna Nicole Smith.

Jonathan moving on six months after Tammy's died is just unrealistic, though.

• Members

I didn't get an attitude with you, so you shouldn't get one with me.

I was simply saying that "Oakdale Confidential" did well with the fans. Hell, the book did awesome in the stores!!

And as far as your first statement, those books weren't as successful, nor were they recent. Hell, the Diary was back in like 2001 or 2002!!

:rolleyes:

• Members

Ummmm...Okay?! :huh:

But you suggested Kreizman ripped off the idea from ATWT, when, in reality, soaps have been publishing character/diary books for years, even dating back to the 1980's.

So, for you to suggest Kreizman wants to ripoff the success of Oakdale Confidential(what little press it got for the show) is unfounded.

Anytime a soap releases a book nowadays(in an age of eroding ratings and budget crunches) will be for its fans, not because it wants to stay on a book chart.

Ummmm...Okay?! :huh:

• Members

I have no clue why anyone would be jealous of "Oakdale Confidential"...GL viewers should expect a bogus "update" when the show tries to get another 24.98 out of them.

More than likely GL decided they could pull in cold hard cash from the Jammy fans faster than anyone else.

• Members

Well I'm a Jammy fan and I can tell you no amount of "ghost sex" is going to make me want to buy this thing. I'm STILL ticked off with EW and DK for killing Tammy.

DK should spend his time writing stories for characters that are still on GL instead of doing this.

• Members

ghost sex?!?!?! really DK, ghost. sex.

Gawd I hope to the soap gods that when Jon returns they can tie up this whole Lizzie mess. They can't have her go on believing that her daughter is dead forever. I think that it's a pretty cruel thing to do.

Archived