AMC: Video Interview with Aiden Turner

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Hey - as long as I get to see Aiden's face onscreen more - I'm all for it. He'll at least have SOMETHING to do since they've obviously given up on fleshing out Di/Aiden.

The Aiden/Kendall thing was soooooo 2001 (or was it 2002?) Anyway - it didn't really last long - and the writers haven't let any newer viewers pick up on their past - bc it's NEVER mentioned and they never had scenes together. So IMO, that's a mute point.

• Members

In all honest - he was set up to fail with Maria/Maureen anyway just bc Maria/Edmund was such a strong couple and the whole Maria return storyline SUCKED in the first place.

But with Anita, Erin, and now Di - I wouldn't say he's bombed with them - I blame the writers. They don't write for the relationship he's in. They'll give a day or 2 with such sweet, tender stuff that hooks me and others to the relationship (bc I like all 3 of those relationships in the beginning) - but then they backburner the entire thing and we're supposed to believe all is well.........?

• Members

Thats the problem...and a recurring trend. They really dont know what to do with the character. They start a new romance...audiences dont care (or to be objective, maybe they arent given the incentive to care), then they drop it (rinse, lather, repeat). However, he still floats around AMC, and is offered a new contract, while vets and even other "newer" characters (Dannie, Reggie) are shown the door.

Dont get me wrong. I think he is a solid actor, and very hot...maybe he would do better with a fresh start on other soap.

• Members

That I totally agree with....and it's the writers/EP's fault....right?

Adam - yeah I thought Erin and Anita both worked in the beginning (For the week they were given screentime) but then they failed bc they were never shown after that. I thought the Anita/Aiden hottub scenes were hot - and I enjoyed the virginal storyline with Erin.

Archived